Part 6

The Lab was silent, except for sobbing. Alphys looked up at quiet footsteps, to see her former friend.

"S-Sans."

"Alphys. I thought you had crawled into a hole and died." The skeleton said. His gaze was cold and harsh.

"I- I couldn't. The A-Anglamates needed me." Alphys said, stuttering voice sing song.

The Anglamates had been dead for years.

"B- But why are you here Sans?"

"I need to borrow a genetics test. I know you still have some."

Alphys nodded. "P-Person?"

"Frisk."

The reptile winced at the name of the lost princess. But she hurried away into the darkness. Sans knew that she toyed with the remains of humans, but didn't care. He needed to know why Aliza looked so much like his beloved.

It could've been just a coincidence, but there were other possibilities. Possibilities that Sans needed to remove.

"H-Here you g-go."

The genetics test was a tablet, one side to place a test tube in. Sans pulled the test tube of Aliza's blood out, inserting it in.

~'~'~

She had finally made it to Snowdin, surviving the skeletons and the dogs. Aliza found that most houses, including the Inn, were deserted. 

She had quickly hidden in a room in the Inn, needing rest. Aliza now sat on the bed- the sheets covered in dust, the curtains to the window moldy. Her toes curled in the cold, wishing for some socks. 

But she was alive.

Aliza pulled the locket out of her pocket. Flowey was outside, looking around. That gave her the time to look at the locket.

Best Friends Forever  was carved into the gold, the edges around it somehow rusted shut. Aliza sighed, feeling her eyelids grow heavy.

"Night Mom." She whispered.