Part 24

Aliza sighed when she finally sloshed out of the Dump. The ground was warm under her feet, lava flowing everywhere.

"Welcome to Hotland." Flowey commented. "We should get moving."

-_-

The Lab was dark. Machines were gutted, dust staining the walls. Somehow, the cameras still worked.

Alphys whimpered as Aliza walked through Hotland. She looked up at the sound of something clattering. The doctor glanced at the screen, then followed the sound.

Gaster quietly stepped from the shadows. Pressing a button, he turned on the lab cameras. He smiled as Goner Kid led Alphys on a merry chase around the Lab.

When she was trapped in a closet, he turned the cameras back to Aliza. He sighed.

It had been the happiest moment of his life when Sans found love with Frisk. But then Chara had threatened Frisk and her unborn child that fateful day.

The biggest regret of his life was not saving Frisk.

But now, here was his chance to fix his mistakes.

Gaster and Goner Kid disappeared.

-_-

Aliza frowned at the two suits of armor entwined on top of the Lab doors. Flowey had disappeared into her pocket.

With loud crashes and creaks, the rusty doors opened. Dust flew into the air. It was dark inside.

Flowey peeked out and gulped.