Almost

Your POV: When I woke up the next morning, I had a new surge of determination. "I can do this. I have to do this." I thought aloud. I hopped in and out of the shower changing into my most athletic clothing. I walked downstairs and was met with the faces of Meliodas and Ban. "Hey guys, where's everyone else?" "They're off training in a clearing." Meliodas replied. "Why didn't you go with them?" "Because beer and ale always come first." They both replied at the same time with the same mischievous goofy smile. It made me laugh lightly, which is more than I've laughed at all lately. "Ban, breakfast." "Y/n, kitchen." I playfully glared at him and rolled my eyes making myself some cereal. I ate it quickly, but carefully as not to choke. "Come on guys, we're all rusty on sacred treasure training. I think we should all go out with them." Neither of them moved. "Okay, let me try this again, get your asses out there now you lazy bums." "Daaamn chill. We're going." Ban said standing up and lifting Meliodas with him. The three of us headed out not far from where the boar hat was...parked for lack of a better term. Upon arrival, I almost got hit with one of kings magical swords. I was ready to retaliate with a fire shield, but then remembered my unfortunate lack of magic at the moment. "I'm so sorry! You alright?" He said quickly flying down. "Yeah I'm fine, I'm just not use to my lack of fire..." He patted my shoulder sympathetically. "But hey, now I can brush up on my martial arts!" I said taking the hand on my shoulder and using it to flip him. However, before I had the chance to block, Ban sent a kick to my arm sending me a few feet away. "Don't let your guard down shortie." He said smirk and all. Soon enough, it became two trio battles, one between king, gowther, and Diane (generally the magic users and Diane because she's giant) and Ban, Meliodas, and I. (The most physically skilled) I charged toward Meliodas and he did as well. He punched aiming for my cheek and I narrowly slid to the side and caught his arm. Using his momentum, I pulled him forward and kneed his chest. He grunted, but before I had the chance to smirk, he had grabbed my leg flipped me. Ban, deciding to join in, jumped high into the air and attempted to kick my stomach. I rolled to the side then swept my legs underneath Meliodas's feet, effectively throwing him off balance. Ban then took the opportunity to punch him, square in the jaw. Even I cringed. While ban was focusing on Meliodas, I sent a good blow to his gut, sending him quite a ways away. "Serves him right for not making me breakfast." I muttered. Before I knew it, I was on the ground faceplanted and my back suddenly felt strained. "He was right though, you shouldn't let your guard down." Meliodas's cheery voice said from behind me. Then, using all the upper body strength I had, I thrusted my weight into my forearms and kicked straight up into his face. Before I could fall off balance, I caught myself in a backbend and flipped up. "And neither should you captain." I said with a small wink. He smirked. "Not bad." I looked over and Ban was rubbing his stomach. "Geez midget it's only training. You punched really hard." I rolled my eyes. "Oh please. A baby could've handled that punch better than you." The six of us then headed home, and for a moment, everything almost felt right. Almost as if everything wasn't wrong.

Almost as if the holy knights weren't going to destroy the kingdom.

Almost as if two of the sins weren't god knows where.

Almost as if my magic wasn't gone.

Almost as if Meliodas hadn't broken my heart.

But almost will never be true.

I sighed. Everything's okay for right now...almost.