The Hunt: Part 3

Your POV: Kira, Ban, King and I were walking downstairs after the yelling had stopped. Meliodas was inside at the bar tending to customers while Diane stood outside holding up the sign. Gowther was still at the library.

I saw Neesan walk inside looking rather...I don't know exactly...I guess a combination of fulfilled, peaceful, and happy. "Where's Mika?" Kira asked. "I finally convinced her to go home." I walked toward him and squeezed his hand for comfort. "I know that must've been hard. You did the right thing." He nodded. Kira then walked up smirking. "Obviously not that hard." She cupped Neesan's cheek and swiped her thumb across his lips to which he gave a weird look. "Experimenting with makeup, or kissing a certain brunette?" She asked smirking even wider at the lipstick on her thumb. My eyes widened. Neesan was blushing. Hard. "Aww! You kissed her? Or she kissed you?" I asked excitedly. I heard chuckling and turned to find King and Ban both smirking as well. "S-shut up okay. It was one kiss. End of story." He then walked upstairs. However, he soon turned back around. "Where am I staying now?" Kira giggled. "Come on player, you can sleep in my room." He rolled his eyes but followed.

"You sure warmed up to him quickly." King pointed out. "What do you mean?" "Well, when you first found out he was your brother, you pretty much hated the guy. Now it's like you've known him your whole life." I shrugged. "He's family. Family is like that." After a while of tending to customers, (although I refused to wear that stupid outfit Meliodas made Elizabeth wear) it was nearly sunset and I began to feel nervous.

When King asked me why, I told him of Kira's plan. "I don't understand why you're freaking out." "Ok, imagine explaining to Diane that your inlove with her." He hesitated, but I immediately caught the uncertainty in his eyes. "King what's going on?" "Nothing." "King you didn't even blush and I saw you hesitate. I'll ask again, what's going on?" He hesitated once more. "Can...can she peek?" I cocked an eyebrow. "Who?" "You're special friend?" "Special friend? What're you...oh wait...No she doesn't do that. Besides I can block her off." I replied realizing he meant Kasai.

He took a deep breath. "Look, lately I've been thinking...I'm not sure that I'm really in love with Diane anymore. I mean, I've never had a shot there. She's in love with Meliodas. You know that. I know that. But Kasai...she's different. She's strong, fierce, beautiful...and she's not inlove." "King...she's a spirit." "I know. But spirit or not, I think I might have more than crush on her y/n." I placed my hand over his. "I understand. Feelings aren't something you can really control, especially not love. I don't know who you love, and I can't tell you what choices to make. But I do know you deserve someone incredible, and one day you'll know exactly who that is." I kissed his cheek and walked over to Meliodas.

"Hey. Can I talk to you?" He faced me and smiled. "Sure, meet me out back." I walked outside and was met with the pinks and oranges and yellow shades that came with the sunset. "It's beautiful..." "Yeah, it is." I heard Meliodas say beside me. I felt my heart thump in my chest. "So what's up? You hardly ever talk to me anymore." My nervousness suddenly vanished. "What?" "Y/n, we haven't had a conversation in months." "Well, you haven't exactly tried either." I suddenly snapped. He frowned. "What's wrong?" "Nevermind, this was a mistake." "No. You need to tell me what's wrong. I'm ordering you as your captain." "You can't do that Meliodas! Captains are supposed to know what's happening to their crew!" "I can't know what you don't tell me." "Fine! You wanna know so badly?!" "Yes! That's all I want!"

"I love you! And it freaking SUCKS! A long time ago, I casted a truth spell! You told me you were in love with me, and then the only one who actually got to remember that was me! I have been living with that weight on my chest EVERYDAY Meliodas! Every, Freaking, DAY! And I don't even know if that's true anymore! I don't know how you feel! Hell, I don't even know how I feel! It's exhausting trying to balance everything in my life right now! So I avoided you. I cut off all my feelings tied to you. I couldn't deal with that when other lives were at stake! But every damn time you even look at Elizabeth I feel horrible. And what's worse is I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY! I have no right to be jealous of her! So excuse me if I've been avoiding you or not talking to you, but I can't HANDLE loving you right now. I can't handle anything right now. I-I-I can't h-handle.....I c-can't..." I was breaking down by now. I was just flat out drowning in my emotions. I collapsed to the ground and let go of everything I'd been holding in for so long. All the pain, hurt, love... everything. And here to witness my breakdown was Meliodas.

The man I love.
The man I hate.
The man I'll never forget.

I saw Meliodas kneeling down, but refused to be near him and took off to my room, tears still flowing from my eyes. I ran through the bar and received strange looks from customers. King, Ban, Elizabeth, Diane, Kira, Neesan. They all gave me a strong look of concern. Diane, Elizabeth, and Neesan immediately charged out the door to Meliodas. King, Ban, and Kira ran up the stairs behind me. I barged into my room and immediately ran into Gowther. "Sorry I didn't-Y/n? Are you crying?" I couldn't speak. I could barely breathe. I clutched onto his shirt tightly and just pulled myself to his chest, sobbing, wailing, breaking.

He immediately wrapped his arms around me in support and slowly walked me to the bed. "Y/n, I'm going to slip into your mind." When I didn't protest, he closed his eyes.

Gowther POV: I slipped into her mind when she showed no signs of protest. I  felt like I was suddenly hit by a boulder of emotion. All of these feelings, sadness, fear, love, regret, insecurity...it all weighed down on my chest to the point where I could barely breathe. I tried to focus on finding the cause of her sudden overwhelming hurricane of feelings. I saw flashes of memories, all of which involved Meliodas. The most recent seemed to be the cause. I focused on that, and all the information of what had just happened flooded into my mind. I opened my eyes, and felt a single tear drop. "Y/n...I'm so sorry." She lifted her head from my chest. "This wasn't supposed to happen Gowther! This wasn't the plan!" I hugged her. I then noticed King, Ban, and Kira at the door. Without a word, I slipped the information from my mind into theirs. Kira collapsed from the sudden intrusion and overwhelming emotion, and Ban barely caught her before collapsing himself. King used his blanket to stay steady. "Is this...." King trailed off. I nodded. They all immediately rushed over and began hugging y/n, telling her it would be okay, that the hurt would pass. I'd never felt so broken in my entire life. I'd never felt so much in my entire life. I looked down at the sobbing girl. "Y/n..."

Neesan's POV: Myself, Elizabeth, and Diane (who had shrunken herself to normal size) ran outside toward Meliodas. "What the hell happened?!" I shouted. He seemed solemn. "I asked her what was wrong...she told me everything. It was all because of me...I tried to help her, but she ran off." Elizabeth and Diane immediately changed to a sympathetic persona. I however knew something major went down, and that major thing involved my family. My sister.

I thought back to all of the interactions I'd seen between Y/n and Meliodas. Kira's soul...the way she looked at him...No, more than that. The way she always looked at him.

That was it.
She loved him.

Something must've happened where she told him, and he didn't love her. Or maybe he used to and didn't now. Either way, he was NOT going to get sympathy from me.

In a flash I had him pinned by the neck. "You bastard! She loves you and this is what she gets in return?!" "Neesan stop it!" Elizabeth shouted. I didn't let go. "Neesan! No!" Diane shouted grabbing my arm in attempt to make me let go of his neck. "You said yourself she loves him! How is she gonna feel if he is dead because of you?!" I hesitated. "Damn it!" I shouted letting go of him. He quickly began coughing and gasping for air.

Y/n POV: I cried myself to sleep in Gowther's arms last night. I woke up the next morning and was shocked to see him still asleep. I leaned down and kissed his forehead. "Thank you." I whispered. I walked to the bathroom mirror. Puffy red eyes and tear streaks. Familiar sight. I almost laughed at the sadness of it all, but caught myself. I don't have the luxury of being sad right now. I need to focus. After all,

we've got a box to hunt.