The Tournament: Part 1

As we walked back to the boar hat, we happened to hear someone yelling. "Sign up today, tournament tomorrow! Prize of a 1000 arrows and an enchanted bow!" That caught my attention. "Guys, I'm weaponless. I need go sign up for that tournament." "Yeah but there's one problem; you are horrible at using a bow and arrow." I sighed realizing King was right. I had always wanted to use a bow and arrow, so, back when the sins were still altogether, I tried it. Let's just say king and Ban steered clear of me for a while. Wouldn't want to get another arrow almost in their eye now would they?

"He said it was enchanted, so it probably is one of those bows you can never miss with. I heard about them a long time ago, they're extremely rare. I think you should enter that competition." Diane said. "Okay sins, here's the plan, y/n and Diane, head over to the village and sign y/n up for that tournament. The rest of us need to get back to the Boar Hat and open business." Meliodas declared. "See ya later captain!" Diane said cheerfully as we walked off. I felt a twinge of annoyance, but brushed it off. Now that I thought about it, Diane hadn't spoken much to Meliodas lately. I shrugged and I soon came upon the sign up sheet. (Diane was waiting the clearing, she didn't want to scare the villagers) "Hello young lady, are you here to buy some lemonade?" the man asked. "Um no thank you sir, I'm here to sign up for the tournament." He laughed wildly. "Honey this tournaments a man's game. There's no way a pretty little lady like you stands a chance!" Well, that might be the quickest anyone's ever pissed me off. I gave him a death glare and he backed away slightly. I signed my name. "You may think that, but just wait until you see this pretty little lady win. Maybe then you won't be so sexist." And with that, I walked off.

"That guy sounds like a real jerk! I bought a give him a piece of my mind!" Diane said after I told her the story. "I know right?!......hey Diane, if you don't mind me asking, why haven't you really spoken to Meliodas lately?" She seemed surprised by the question, but not angry. She sighed. "Y/n, level with me here. We're both in love with him right?" The sudden inquiry made my heart jump, but I nodded. "Well, the more I tried to show him that, the less he saw it. So, recently I decided that maybe if he didn't see it, he didn't love me back. So, I kept my distance. Also, when I think about it, if he loved me he would come to me. I wouldn't have to push myself onto him all the time. His happiness is important to me, so I want to let him find it himself rather than making myself become his happiness. Besides, it's amazing just being able to say I'm friends with him, let alone he's my captain. So, it's better for now if I just wait until he's ready to set the standard and the boundary. If it's for him, I'm willing to wait..." she got a distant look in her eyes. I almost couldn't believe it. I'd never heard Diane be so mature. It made me feel immature about the way I handled the situation. I smiled. "You've really grown." She blushed and smiled back at me. "I think we all have."

We arrived back at the Boar Hat where customers were waiting for us. I went inside and noticed a girl with a strange beautiful blue cloak. She was all alone, and giving off a mysterious vibe.

Suddenly, my necklace began to glow brighter. My necklace... the tournament must have something to do with finding my other halves... The day went by quickly from then on, but I couldn't get that mysterious girl out of my head. She felt...familiar in a way. Like a mystery I already knew the secret behind... I shrugged and closed my eyes for the night eager to participate in the tournament.

One week later

This was it. All the tournament competitors were gathered, as well as the audience. I made sure to wear a red cloak in case anyone recognized me as a sin. Not that they would. No one knew I existed. Hence the whole "phantom sin" thing. Anyways. My necklace was glowing again. There were at least a hundred challengers. We were told to pick a number out of a basket to determine who we went against. I pulled number 18, not that I really cared. The first match soon began, so I leaned against the window of the room we stayed in before the match and watched. "Hey dwarf!" A tick mark immediately appeared on my forehead as I turned and faced a man ridiculously tall. Like. Seriously. 10ft at least. "So you're number 18? My competitor? You should quit the competition now before I have to beat the tar out of a girl. Why'd you even join midget? Not like you could win." This guy was pissing me off in record time. I took a deep breath. "You have five seconds to leave before you regret coming." I said facing him with one of the hardest glares I'd ever given. He chuckled. "And why should I leave? Afraid of me?" "I'd rather not have to put you in your place before I beat you. It defeats the purpose." "You're too cocky!" He pulled his arm back to punch me, but I easily caught his arm before he had the chance. "I'm going to give you one last chance. Back. Off." He grunted in frustration and tried to punch with his other arm. I caught his arm once more with my other hand. "You had your warnings." I pinched the skin on both of his hands leaving them with already forming bruises. Let's just say I don't pinch softly. He yelped in pain. "What did you do to me?!?" "You're a supreme idiot. Did you know that?" He quickly ran off to another room leaving me with hundreds of other people staring at me. "He was being a dumbass so I corrected him." I said loudly and clearly with a shrug. "Not my fault." I muttered. The mystery girl walked by me and due to the little space barely brushed on my hand. I felt a spark of electricity that sent shivers up my spine. I also noticed my necklace spark with a, well, spark of fire. If the girl noticed anything, she didn't show it. 

Time passes, and eventually, it was my match against the idiot. I sighed. "Look dude I don't wanna hurt you." "You think you can hurt me? Stupid little girl." The tick mark returned. "You know what, I warned you." With that, he threw a punch meant for my face. I sighed at the easiness of it all. I caught his arm with my left hand, twisted it behind his back so his forearm was facing me, then swept my right leg underneath his so he fell off balance and used my right arm to keep him down so he was pinned to the ground. "This is pointless. Just give up already." "You're insane! I give up! I quit!" He said extremely scared. The ref gave me the match and the guy ran far, far away. I entered the waiting room once more where I was once again stared at.

Mystery Girl POV: This is insane. It's happened twice now. It must just be a coincidence. But the bracelet... wouldn't without a reason....no. I need to forget this...

Your POV: The mystery girl, although I couldn't see her face, seemed to be looking at me. I felt kind of creeped out. As our eyes met under our cloaks, I felt the same spark of electricity and my necklace glowed once more. She had won every match so far so it'd probably be us too in the finals. Haha. Two girls. We sure showed you you stupid ape of a man. (Guy from earlier) Could it be that she has the other half of the necklace? But she isn't even wearing one. Besides, mom said to find myself. I can't see her at all, and even if I could she probably looks nothing like me. Other than the fact that she seems to be about my height.

Time passed once more, and the final competitors were me and the mystery girl. "Y/n and Kira (pronounced keeruh), please enter the arena." The ref called. So Keira is her name...I like it. We faced each other on opposite sides of the arena. "Let the match begin!"