The Story of Raven

Your POV: Relief flooded through me as the purple blackish aura faded from from Kira. She collapsed and I barely caught her in time. I gently lay her on the ground, and noticed my white glow fade as well. "Until the next time my darling..." I felt my mom's spirit leave me, and Kasai immediately emerged. She hugged me tightly. "I'm so glad your okay. Your mom has a strong spirit. So do you." I didn't reply. Too tired. But I didn't need to, she could hear my thank you in my thoughts. Speaking of spirits, I soon heard this, "Master! You've never been gone for that long! I almost thought I'd have to pull you back." The spirit I think was named Rika said as Neesan suddenly woke up from his trance. She'd been guarding his unconscious body the whole time.

The sins gathered around Kira. Ban knelt down to the ground and placed his palm on her forehead before making a soft trail to her jawline. "Kira..." He said her name as a whisper, as if it were sacred. And the way he was looking at her with such intensity, as if she were literally all he saw. I saw an emotion in his eyes I'd never seen before. Yet, it was familiar. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw Neesan glaring at Ban. "Is she okay?" King said breaking the tension. I nodded. "She's just exhausted. If something was wrong, Mizu would tell us." The sins nodded in agreement. I looked at Neesan. "We need to talk." He nodded. Suddenly, a girl with shoulder length brown hair, fair skin, and grey eyes came over along with a boy with blonde hair, tan skin, and green eyes. "Mika! Wyan!" He hugged them tightly, as did they. "I'm so glad you're okay." Neesan said. They pulled away. "You can't get rid of me that easily." Mika said smirking. Wyan chuckled. They then turned to the sins and I.

"Who are you?" Mika asked suspiciously. Kasai stood protectively in front of me and glared right back. "I'm Meliodas, that's Gowther, that's Ban, on the blanket is King, in front of you is y/n, in front of y/n is Kasai, and behind the two of them is Kira. At home is Diane the giant and Princess Elizabeth of Liones, but you'll meet them later. Now, as much as I hate to break this up, we need to get home now before Diane comes looking and people recognize her." Meliodas hastily introduced seemingly anxious. I nodded in agreement. Kasai entered my necklace once again and King extended his blanket so we could all fit. Ban carefully lifted Kira onto it after a slight argument from Neesan. Neesan then got up and he carefully helped Mika up. Wyan got up on his own as did Ban and Meliodas. I tried to get up, but somehow ended up looking at the sky.

"Your body is still exhausted from the fight Master." Kasai reminded in my head. I groaned and sat up only to fall back down once hit with a dizzy spell. I heard someone get off and gasped as I felt a pair of hands, one on my back and one under my legs. I was met with familiar green eyes and a worried look horribly concealed by a faint, attempted, reassuring smile.

"Is carrying you just my job now?" I gave a weak smile as he lifted me into his arms. I'm not sure if it was because of exhaustion, or maybe the comfort of being safe, or maybe just being in his arms, so warm and caring, but I leaned on his chest putting my full weight on his arms and quickly fell asleep.

I'm not sure how long I'd been sleeping when I awoke. I walked downstairs and was met with concerned looks instantly from everyone except Mika who for whatever reason didn't trust me. "You okay? Would you like a glass of water? I can get you some med-" "I'm okay Elizabeth. I promise." I interrupted with a small smile. She was always so caring and pure. She suddenly got teary eyes and clobbered me with a hug. I stood there, awkward and rigid as she hugged me whimpering. "I thought you were dead...you were passed out for 4 hours and your pulse was barely there..." After a moment, I wrapped my arms around her and pet her soft hair. "I'm okay Elizabeth." She pulled away and wiped her tears before scurrying off to tell Diane I was awake.

Everyone continued giving me that same look. "What?" Stare. "Guys?" Stare. I glared now. "Okay you're all creeping me out now." After a moment, King spoke up. "Sorry, it just...we'd never seen you so out of it before. You were really pale and ice cold...it scared the shit out of us." I sighed. "How many times do I have to tell you guys I'm OKAY?" I plopped down next to Ban. I searched his eyes for uncertainty, and found tons of it. I frowned. "Kira's not awake." He shook his head. "Who says I'm not?"

I turned and saw Kira smirking in the middle of the stairs. I charged toward her and tackled her almost knocking us both over. "KIRA!" She hugged me back. "I'm so glad you're okay!" We both said. We then laughed. I dragged her down the stairs and placed her in the middle of the room before going back to my seat. "Nice to see you shortie." Ban said putting an arm around her in a half hug. She reciprocated the gesture. "Nice to see you to little red." She replied smirking. I assumed they had some inside joke. I noticed Neesan glaring at Ban. I wonder what's up with him.

As Ban sat back down, Kira stood in the middle of the room as we all looked at her expectantly. "Well?" King said. "What?" "What the hell is going on? Why do you have some purple and black spirit just taking over your body?" Her expression darkened. "I guess I can't avoid explaining this, so I'll start from the beginning."

"Like I said before, when I was a kid, I was going through some pretty harsh stuff. I was constantly being picked on. A friend even died protecting me."
I saw Neesan give Kira a sympathetic look like he'd lived through it himself. "In my darkest moments, I would hear a voice in my head. She told me she was Raven and she could help me if I let her out. She begged and pleaded several times. After Summer died, I gave in and let Raven out. I ran to the forest and weeped giving into the pain. She soon took over my body. However, before she could cause any damage, a priest came running through, chanted some words, and she was gone. I didn't have time to ask any questions. He tossed me a book and ran off. I never saw him again. But I still have the book. It's full of cleansing spells that can suppress Raven. Whenever I feel weak or unwanted, she starts rising like a pressure in my chest."

We sat in silence for a little while, everyone taking in what she just said. "Is that the only way to get rid of Raven?" She hesitated before nodding. I didn't entirely believe her, and made a mental note to ask about it later. "So what do we do now? All of us are together, our magic is back, where do we go from here?" I asked Kira and Neesan. "Ask." Gowther suddenly said. "Huh?" "Why don't you just ask your mom? You said before her spirit is in you." "But I don't want it to just be me this time. We all need to speak with her." I said gesturing to my siblings. "I think I can manage that." Neesan said suddenly getting up. "How so?" "My power is spiritual. If I connect to your mom's spirit through you, I might be able to get the three of us to talk to her." "It's worth a shot." Kira replied. We sat in a circle and connected our hands. I saw Neesan's tattoo glow before I was suddenly shot into darkness.