Inners of Kira: Future, and Past

Neesan's POV: "There's only two rooms left. She's got to be in there." I thought aloud.

I opened the door, and was met with a vast pure blackness. It was scary and endless. "...Hello?" No one answered. However, I eventually saw a blue light zooming toward me. It stopped in front of my face. I took a closer look, and noticed a tiny body with blue short hair in the light. "What are you doing here? This zone is very off limits!" She said with a tiny high pitched voice, scolding face and crossed arms. I blanked for a moment. "I-i need to save my sister." "Elaborate." "Well I think my sister might be here." "It's her soul, of course she's here." "Please just show me what you can and if she's not here I'll be on my way." She groaned, but nodded.

She flew in a spherical motion in all directions leaving a trail of light behind her. It eventually turned into a sort of vision. I saw a giant purple and black aura destroying everything. It then changed to Kira, y/n, and myself along with a red spirit, a blue spirit, and Rika. We had a pure white aura around us, and our hands were all connected. The vision abruptly ended. "I've already shown too much! Your sister isn't here! Now go!" Before I could manage to ask any questions, she had literally dragged my ear out the door and back into the room.

I was filled with questions, but now wasn't the time to worry about the future. Right now, I needed to find my sister. I looked at the door labeled "Past". "I'm going to save you Kira." And with that, I opened the door.

I entered, and everything was suddenly black and white, but me. I was in a school yard. I noticed a small girl in the very corner by some trees being yelled at by two boys who proceeded to kick her and throw rocks at her. Kira... After deciding she'd had enough, they left her, crying and alone. I walked towards her and knelt down. "Kira?" She looked up at me. "Who are you?" Little Kira asked. "It's me, the guy you were fighting...?" She gave a little tilt of her head. She doesn't know. Which means this is past Kira, not present. Maybe she can show me where the real one is... "Listen, I need you to take me to all of your favorite places." She thought for a moment before shaking her head. "Mommy always said not to leave with strangers and Raven said she'll hurt me if I go with you." Raven... I smiled at her. "Well, my name is Neesan. Now we're not strangers. And I won't let Raven hurt you." She stood up and smiled slightly, seeming to accept that answer. "Okay, but you can't tell Mommy because she's pregnant with Kimi right now and Daddy said she's stressed enough." she said wiping her tears. I nodded, and grabbed her hand, and we walked off campus as if she'd never been there.

The first place we stopped by was a small shop. "Hello Kira! Shouldn't you be in school right now?" An elderly woman said. "My friend needs me to show him around." She replied taking a lollipop off the counter. The woman looked straight at me, then back at Kira. "What friend? Is this one of your imaginary friends, like Raven?" Poor kid, people must think she's insane. She shook her head. "Raven isn't imaginary. Neither is he. He's right there!" She said pointing to me. "Kira, I'm a secret. Only you can see me. Kind of like a special friend, okay?" Little Kira pouted but nodded. She pulled me to the back room where I saw a small puppy. The puppy jumped on her effectively tackling her on the ground. Kira giggled as the puppy licked her face. I couldn't help the fond smile that slowly etched onto my face.

After deciding Kira wasn't here, I had little Kira show me her next favorite place. After a few minutes of walking, I found myself in front of an old building. "Shh..." She said leading me inside. The doors opened up, and I saw dozens of books, everywhere. There were sections too. Young Adult, Fiction, Non-fiction, etc. She walked straight to the fiction section, and I saw her thumbing through books I vaguely recognized. Her eyes lit up as she pulled down a book. "The Lightning Thief" by Rick Riordan....OH MY GOSH! I REMEMBER! I stole this book from the local library when I was a kid! I looked at little Kira. I didn't read this til I was about twelve. "How old are you?" "6." She muttered without taking her eyes off the cover of the book. She ran over to the library counter, pulled out her little Junior Reader card, and checked out the book. While she did that, I checked out the rest of the library, and failed to find Kira anywhere.

We left the building. I sighed. This is getting exhausting. Where the hell could she be? "Our last stop is the park! I love to go there, climb the highest trees, and read all day until Mommy and Daddy say I have to come home." She said smiling as she quickly ran a couple blocks where I soon saw a large tree, smack dab in the middle of a grassy field filled with people and play structures. I climbed up the tree with her, to very top. It's a good thing I don't have a fear of heights. She positioned herself comfortably on the branch. I stood and looked around. "She's not here..." "Who are you looking for?" Little Kira suddenly asked. I faced her. "I'm looking for someone very important." "But who?" I hesitated. "My sister." "You don't look like you're looking for your sister. You look like Mommy does when she's looking for someone at the store to help her since her tummy's so big now." I chuckled. "Well, she is my sister. I just didn't know for a really long time, so it doesn't seem like she is." "But why?" I raised an eyebrow. "My mommy told me that when she has her new baby, that baby will be my sister or brother. It already is, and it's not even out yet. So if your sister is already out, why isn't she your sister?"

I stood there for a long time, staring at the little girl.

The little girl I needed to save.

The little girl I who made things simpler than I ever thought they could be.

My twin sister. My little twin sister actually. Kira was my sister. I may not have known it for long, but that doesn't make it any less true.

"Are you going to leave me when you find her?" Little Kira suddenly asked looking sad. I knelt down to her, and nodded. She frowned. "I don't want you to go...will I see you again?" I smiled. "I promise you'll see me again Kira. And I promise I'll save you." I whispered the last few words as I reached out to hold her to my chest. But my arms never made it.

Before I could process what was happening, the world spun and swirled, and I was on the ground. On the street. Not at the park. Everything was black and white still, except for me. However, as I looked around, I noticed things were different. The little boy walking on the side walk when Kira and I first were on our way was now slightly older and running after a little sister. The elderly couple crossing the street was now just an elderly woman. "What the hell...?" It was then I realized this must be the past, just not as far back as before. What I see must be influenced by whatever Kira focuses on. I ran back to the park, faster than I knew I could. I suddenly came across two boys, each with a pocket knife. I recognized them as the boys bullying little Kira in the other memory. I saw two girls as well, one standing in front of the other protectively. The girl in the back was scared, maybe about thirteen. Kira. The girl in front was brave, and I knew then it was Kira's only friend trying to protect her from the boys.

Before I could stop them, or even attempt to in spirit form, they had charged towards the girl in front of Kira, and stabbed her several times. The girl winced, coughed up blood even but refused to leave Kira. Kira cried uncontrollably. The boys eventually heard sirens, and took off running. The girl collapsed and Kira quickly caught her. "K-kira...are you hurt?" Kira quickly shook her head and held the girl close. "Please don't die...please don't die...please don't die..." The girl gave a half hearted broken smile. "I-I'm sorry...I love you..." Her eyes slowly closed. Kira's eyes widened. "SUMMER!!!!!!!!" She screamed. As tears welled in my eyes, Kira passed out. The police quickly ran out to assess the situation. But that wasn't what caught my attention. What I cared about were the whimpers I suddenly heard behind me. I turned around and looked up, at the top of the tree.

She looked at me.

I looked at her.

"Kira."