The Hunt: Part 2

Your POV: After explaining everything Mom had told us, the sins immediately grew serious, even Elizabeth seemed more determined than usual.

"I'm coming with you." Mika suddenly said standing up. Neesan immediately grew angry. "No, you're not. This is way too dangerous." "I don't care Neesan! If you're going I am too!" Wyan separated the two. "Calm down." Mika and Neesan glared at each other.

Neesan turned to Wyan. "You aren't going. You have to keep Mika safe." Wyan sighed, but nodded. "What are you talking about? I'm not staying here!" "Yes you are!" Mika stormed off. "Look man, I'll be at the spot waiting for Mika. I need to go though, or someone's gonna steal our stuff." Neesan nodded, and the two did a bro hug. (You know where they like link hands then pull toward each and pat on the back with the other hand) "Be safe." And with that Wyan was gone.

An hour later, and Mika was still outside. Gowther had gone into town looking for books about the spirit box.

I sat with Neesan. "You okay?" He turned to me. "I don't want her to be in this kind of danger. Why can't she understand that?" "Well, maybe she doesn't want you in danger either. She probably just wants you safe." He sighed. "It seems like just yesterday we were running for our lives out of the orphanage..." When I gave him a confused look, he told me how he met Wyan and Mika.

"I didn't have any family, so when I was a newborn, I was brought to an orphanage. I lived there for twelve years. After I was about 3 and wasn't a baby anymore, people started treating me like an outsider. I didn't know why. It was just twelve years of darkness and loneliness. One day, a group came in and started shooting. There was blood everywhere. Somehow, I got a mark on my arm out of nowhere. It glowed, and I got literally pushed out of a window onto the grass. It stopped glowing. That was the first time I saw my tattoo, and the first time Rika saved my life....I ran for what seemed like forever. I eventually found a little shelter and hid out there. A couple minutes later, a girl and boy came running in saying it was there shelter. I told them what happened, and they told me they were orphans too. We stuck together ever since."

I smiled slightly at him. "Sounds like you guys are really close." "Yeah. That's why I don't want to see her get hurt." I sighed. "I can't make you decide whether or not she comes, but I don't think it's your decision either. Just try to see her point." With that, I stood up and walked upstairs to my room.

I was shocked to find Kira in there waiting. "Time for our plan." She said smiling mischievously. I plopped on the bed next to her. "Don't you think there are more important things to worry about?" "No. You've put this off long enough. Besides, we don't know where to start looking yet. Gowther most likely won't be back until tonight. So, we plan today."

By her tone of voice, I could tell this was non-negotiable.

"So, what's the plan then?" "Well, to start with, we need to set a goal. What outcome do you want?" I thought for a moment. "Well, I'd like for him to feel the same way he did during the truth spell. But with everything happening right now, I don't think relationships are a concern for either of us." She put her hand over mine and gave it a small squeeze.

"Why don't we just try to clarify both of your guys' feelings then?" I slowly nodded, and she smiled. "Alright. Now that that is settled, we need a plan. Why don't we set up for you to talk to him tonight at sunset? A nice, calm venue will set the mood." I nodded again. She frowned. "Are you okay? You seem kinda...off." I shrugged. "Honestly I just feel kind of numb. I've felt so much emotion lately, but none of it has been directed at him. I'm just sort of lost when it comes to him." "That's why we're doing this. You both need clarity." I nodded. "Come on, let's go downstairs." She said standing and pulling me up with her.

We walked down, and immediately was met with two voices, male and female, yelling harshly. "What the hell....?" Kira and I looked at each other in question. When it was silently settled that both of us had no clue, we retreated back upstairs to King and Ban's room to just chill for a while. Although, I could've sworn she blushed ever so slightly when we saw Ban...

Neesan's POV: After I talked to y/n, I decided maybe I should try talking to Mika again.

"I'm sure you'll do great master! After all, Mika could never stay mad at you for long, even as kids!" Rika cheered inside my head.

I took a deep breath, and stepped outside where Mika sat on top of the giant pig.

I silently sat beside her. "I understand why you want to come Mika. I really do. That's why I'm worried because I don't want you to get hurt." She faced me. "I can take care of myself Neesan." "But that's just it, what if something happens and you can't? What if you get hurt or even die out there?" "You have no faith in me at all do you?" She snapped. "Of course I have faith in you!" "Then why do you keep insisting that I'm some weak child that can't fight?!" "I'm not saying that!" "Then what are you saying?!" "I can't be the reason you die!" "You're not the reason I'll die Neesan! You're the reason I'll live! You always have been!"

Silence. I sighed. Arguing with her was always exhausting. "I'm sorry Mika. You're not going." "You don't get to make that choice." "If this is what keeps you alive, then I am making that choice." "How do I know you're gonna come home if I don't go?!" Her voice slightly lost its angry tone and her eyes were beginning to water.

Silence.

"Exactly. We don't know Neesan." "Yes we do Mika." I pushed a piece of hair behind her ear. "How?" She whispered. "Because you'll be here. I'll come back to you. I'll come back for you." Her tears fell. I cupped my hand on her cheek. "And if you don't?" She whispered once more. I leaned in close to her. "If I don't come back for you, then either I never left or you came too. I won't leave you, not for good. Too much unfinished business." I smirked slightly. She smiled weakly. "Such as?" I leaned in closer, and felt the heat of her breath on my lips. "This."

I closed the distance between us. Our lips moved together in sync, sweetly, lovingly. A promise. I could feel her almost deflate slightly when I pulled away for air, as if my kiss was giving her life and I had just taken it away. "I will come back, because this?" I motioned between the two of us. "This is unfinished business." She looked into my eyes. "Okay."