h i m u r o

PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END. THANK YOU.

The story will be in the times of World War 1, where your husband, Himuro Tatsuya, needs to be taken in to become a soldier.

You choked back your tears as you read the letter from the government. No, you couldn't give him out away like that. You didn't want to lose him. First, you two lost your own baby by a miscarriage, now he's been asked to become a Japanese soldier? It was all too much.

You wanted to tear the paper, and let the pieces be burnt by the open fire you built for the cold and tiny house. Ever since the war, more and more people have been evacuated from areas that had bombings or any violence. And you ended up with a tiny house.

You heard the bedroom door open, a loud creak it gave out. "Dear, what happened?" He sat next to you on the hard mattress as you hesitantly handed him the letter.

Going over it, Himuro understood why your eyes were brimmed with tears. He encorcled his arms around you and whispered sweet nothings. "Don't worry, it'll be alright. Besides, I'm doig this for our country." But still, you whimpered endlessly. "H-How about our child? It won't see you if you die!" You pleaded as he pushed you down on the bed, trying to calm you down. "I would still see our child, don't worry." He murmured as he caressed your belly.

"I hope so," you whispered, your voice strained. "I don't want our child to have a missing father. You know how life-threatning the war is." You said. As you were happy that he wanted to serve his country, you also were being selfish. You didn't want him to go. Without him around, you'd have a harder time to go aroung the house, even though it's small. Without him, you wouldn't be engulfed in his warm hugs and you won't be hearing his light voice around.

And so, you had confirmed his admission to the war with an unsteady hand while signing the papers. But the dreaded day has finally come. You had to send Himuro off.

He gently caressed your small baby bump and kissed you tenderly. "Take care of yourself, will you? Do it for my sake." You whispered. He gave you his deadly smile and nodded his head. "If it's a girl, call it (Daughter's Name). If it's a boy, call it (Son's Name). Okay?" He cupped your cheeks, staring into your eyes lovingly. "And tell me if my daughter or son looks half as good as their father."

You chuckled lightly at his narcissism but tears soon fell. "Don't die." You said as you saw his eyes shimmering, tears threatning to fall. "I won't. I promise."

The cargo arrived and you kissed him good bye.

"I love you, Tatsuya."

"I love you more, (Y/N)."

-

It's been seven years. You had twins, one boy and a girl. You named them the names Tatsuya told you to name them. You fed them everyday, and gave them everything they needed. Your daughter was beautiful. She got Tatsuya's hair but your (E/C) eyes. She also had a beauty mark under her eye, which she inherited from her father. Your daughter was bubbly and kind, just like you. Then you had your son. He got your hair and eyes, yet he also had a beauty mark. He acted like his father, charming and calm— even in the scariest days. Where you'd hear bombs dropping and going off, or when soldiers had asked you to evacuate. (Son's Name) has kept you and your daughter calm. He was like Tatsuya in a way.

Of course you told them all about their father. How he left as he went willingly to become a Japanese soldier. They were in awe of him and (Son's Name) had said he wanted to be as courageous as his father.

But also, talking about their father made you want to cry. You haven't recieved a letter from him for one year now. When they turned six was the last letter you recieved. You haven't heard any news from coming home soldiers, and that made you get worried. As per usual, (Son's Name) would just comfort you and tell "Daddy's all right," even though the man hasn't seen his father yet.