Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I was still paranoid by the time I entered to my room. I hated that my house was no longer safe with Caine roaming the halls. I felt like he'd do a lot of damage when provoked. I just wanted him to disappear.

I sighed..he isn't going anywhere. I can guaranteed you that he enjoyed the reactions he get out of me. He knows I'm afraid of him he makes sure to prove it every chance he gets. Pushing those mindless thoughts out of my head. I crawled in my bed and fell into a restless sleep.

Anything to take me away from this nightmare I'm living.

I distantly heard a noise. What is that?

I opened my eyes to stop my alarm clock from making that annoying sound. I sat up, yawning and stretching like a cat. I had to get ready for school. I stood up, ruffling my bed hair. I dragged my feet to my bathroom.

I turned on the shower. I stripped out of my clothes, stepping into the inflow of hot water.

The hot water caressed my aching bones. I washed and shaved before getting out. I wrapped a towel around my small body and padding into my room.

I go straight to my closet to find something to wear. I decide on a tight fitted yellow shirt with a pair of blue jeans. I slid on sandals to top it off.

I run a brush through my wet blonde hair. I winced, definitely got some tangles in there. I left my naturally straight hair to dry. I put on some light foundation to cover the bruises on my neck. I lather gloss on my lips and mascara to my lashes. Now, I'm ready to go. I can't believe he actually left bruises behind. A constant reminder of what he did to me. Just great.

I skipped on the stairs heading towards the kitchen. I smell the amazing scent of bacon and eggs. I haven't ate since yesterday. My mom is at the stove, as Clayton rose from the dining room table.

"Good morning," I chirped while taking a seat at the wooden table. He smiled at me, giving my hair a ruffle. "Bye kiddo!" He gives my mother a quick peck before leaving.

"Good morning darling!" My mom responded sweetly, turning around to hand me a plate of bacon and eggs. As I began to dig in, Alyssa makes her presence known and slide next to me.

She smiled sheepishly, "The door was unlocked," She offered as an explanation.

"It's alright you're practically family anyway," I responded as I bump my shoulders against hers with a smile.

Caine strode in, he smiled faintly at my mother. "Good morning, Alicia" He greeted smoothly, his hand lightly squeeze her shoulder.

I shot him a scathing glare. I don't want him anywhere near my mother. Every time, I look at him I am reminded of yesterday. The way his eyes enjoyed the pain he inflicted on me. Yesterday could've been avoided if he would've explained himself to me. The last thing I want is conflict within the same household again. I've fought with my mother enough to last a lifetime.

I mentally shivered, trying to ignore the fear creeping up on me. Alyssa eyes bulged when she caught a glimpse of him. She leaned over and whispered in my ear, "Oh my god..who is the sexy guy?" She fanned herself dramatically, her eyes glued to Caine's every movement.

I opened my mouth to answer her when Caine became aware of me being in the same room. He tilted his head slightly as his eyes raked over me, undressing me with his eyes. "Good morning Bryce." He said coolly, his arms folded over his chest.