Chapter 32

Chapter 32

I opened my eyes slowly and I glanced around in confusion. How did I get here again? I escaped. Didn't Leonardo burn this place down? I tried to get up from Caine's bed but my wrists and ankles were handcuffed against the headboard. Fear began to slither into the pit of my stomach. How did he find me? I wondered.

The room was relatively dark so I couldn't see much, only the outlines of his furniture. But one thing I did know was that I needed to get out of here. If he found me I would be a dead woman.

I bit down on my lip as I struggled against the cuffs. A burning pain soared through my wrists. I groaned in frustration I would never be free. When I looked up again I wish I wouldn't have. Standing at the end of the bed was none other than Caine, looking so evil and sadistic. My blood ran cold.

A slow, malicious smile crept up his lips. "I see you tried to hide from me Bryce..." He sung playfully. Although, his tone was playful his cold blue eyes told a completely different story. The evil intentions were clear as day and they frightened me to no end. My eyes widened when I saw the long blade in his hands. He noticed me looking at it, a cruel grin blossomed onto his face. "Why the frightened look Bryce? I'm just going to have some fun," He hissed as he came closer to me. I cowered away in absolute terror as I frantically shook my head.

"No please! Don't!" I pleaded as tears trailed down my cheeks. He's going to kill me, he's going to kill me, I chanted silently in my head as fear gripped my throat.

"It's too late now. You're going to die," He growled as he stabbed the blade onto my chest. I let out a blood curling scream.

I jerked awake violently. My eyes darted around the darkened room, as I panted heavily. I let out a sigh of relief when I noticed that I was still in Luke's room. I wiped away the tears that escaped from my eyes. That nightmare was horrifying and seemed so... real.

The chill in my bones made me shudder just thinking about it. I glanced next to me, and Luke was peacefully asleep. Unaware of the turmoil going on inside of my head.

What I would give to have a good night's rest? I brought my knees up to my chest as I slowly rocked back and forth, still shaken up. That awful nightmare reminded me that I needed to get out of here fast. The longer I stayed the easier and quicker he would find me. I don't want that nightmare to become my reality.

I can't let Luke get hurt because of me, he's the only person that I have left. I can't put him in danger. I glanced at him again, a faint smile on my lips. He's so sweet and I wish I could tell him how much I appreciate this. This means more to me than he'll ever know especially since everyone I cared about turned their backs on me. It feels nice to have somebody that cares. I leaned over and gave him a soft kiss on the cheek before I whispered. "Goodbye,"

I crept out of the bed as I looked on the floor for my clothes. Even though they were a little dirty they were going to have to do. I couldn't run around in a baggy gray shirt and sweat pants that Luke let me borrow to sleep in. I found my clothing in a pile near his closet. I glanced over my shoulder, and sure enough Luke was still sleeping soundlessly. I hurriedly changed my clothes as I put his clothes where mine were only moments before.

I slid on my combat boots and laced them up. I stood up before I tip toed towards his door, I flinched as I stepped on the creaky floorboards. I continued to walk to his door until my hand was on his door knob. I was going to let out a silent "Yes!" until I heard his voice.

"Where are you going Bryce?" He asked from behind me, his voice thick with sleep. Damn it, I was so close. I turned around to face him. He was sitting on the edge of the bed, rubbing his eyes.