Chapter 25

Chapter 25

I shook my head as my bottom lip trembled. I couldn't believe... I just can't. Alyssa hurriedly tried to push my wheelchair away from the door but it was too late. I already saw it, the glimpse of the scene was burned in my mind. I could never forget it..

We made it in Caine's room in no time, I could hear Alyssa quietly mutter "Caine is going to kill me, I wasn't even supposed to let you out yet."

I turned my head to look at her, the expression of absolute fear was evident on her face. An expression I was so familiar with because I wore it often when Caine was around. Her eyes filled up with tears as she swiftly unlocked my handcuffs. I don't hear her say anything else, she handcuffed me back to the bed. She pushed the wheel chair quickly out of the room as she disappeared from my sight.

My tears flowed down my cheeks, as I sobbed there was no mistaking what I saw. I was in complete shock, my body trembled as I cried my heart out.

I saw my mother, she was there with Caine. From what I saw it seemed as if they were discussing something. Her expression was one I had never ever seen before. It was cold, calculating, and had a hard, evil edge to it. It was like staring into Caine's face. The room itself seemed to be an office, my mother sat behind the large and wide wooden desk, while Caine sat across from her on a black, leather couch.

From Alyssa's muttering I assume that I wasn't supposed to know about this. Then another thing comes to mind, I remembered when I asked Caine why does he hate me, what did I ever do to him. He said, "It was apart of the plan."

My mom probably set this whole thing up, I bet she knew about every time Caine dragged me out of the house. Usually my mother is a light sleeper, she wakes up just to the sound of heavy breathing. But she never woke up to the sound of our footsteps as we passed their room. Of my screams and cries for help. I remember how she hardly ever home whenever Caine was there. Which is very unusual because she's supposed to be a stay at home mother. She was probably here doing God knows what. Not only that when Caine choked me when we first met, I wonder why my mother didn't see the bruises. If my mom is here at the warehouse she knows about my disappearance. Its been almost 2 weeks.

Deep down, I really didn't want to believe it but the facts were staring me in the face. I remember all the hateful things my mother said to me after my father died. She was cruel and vicious I thought she had changed. My mother and I were never close it was always because of my father that we got along.

Everything seemed to make more sense, I bet Caine was following my mother's orders to torment me. It never made any sense why he started to do it in the first place. I never did anything to him, I bet my mother paid him or something to do this. All those times I was getting brutally beaten and almost raped, my mom knew.

I squeezed my eyes shut as loud choking sobs came from my throat. If the pain felt when Alyssa betrayed me cut me deep, it doesn't compare to the pain I feel in my heart right now. I swear I could hear my heart breaking into a million pieces, I never ever felt this type of emotional pain in my life.

How could she do this to her own child? I thought that after my father died we were doing better but it seemed as though I was wrong so so wrong. How could she let him do this to me?! I bet Clayton is in on it too, All these people I considered family turned on me in the worst way. They all had a hand in my torment, how fucked up is this?

I cried so long and hard, my cries were heart wrenching and filled with so much pain. I couldn't believe my own mother could do this to me. The way she sat in that office proved that she was definitely the boss and leader of this whole thing. I've never felt so betrayed and hurt. I thought I could at least count on my mother but I see now that isn't going to happen.

I didn't even stop loudly sobbing when Caine walked through the door. I couldn't because my heart had officially broken. There was no turning back, I was destroyed.

Caine rolled his eyes and made a grunt of annoyance as his eyes landed on me.What's wrong now? Is your body in pain? If you don't shut the fuck up now, its going be in more pain."

I quiet down my cries as I set my hate filled eyes on him, "Don't fucking say anything to me you son of a bitch!" I seethed as my body shook slightly in anger. I clenched my fist up so tightly my nails dug into the palm of my hands. I try to break my hands free from the cuff, but I fail. I was so fucking angry all I saw was red. I wanted to kill him, all of them.

He raised an eyebrow at my outburst before he chuckled. "Am I supposed to be scared?"

That comment made rage bubble within me, I gritted my teeth as I tried to calm myself down. I was too angry, nothing good ever comes out of being this pissed off. I focused on the white ceiling above my head as I bit on my lip. I glanced at Caine, "I bet you really needed me to stay here since Alicia obviously doesn't know I'm here." I spat sarcastically as I glared at him, my eyes blazing with undeniable rage.

He looked confused for a split second before realization dawned on him. His blue eyes filled unmistakable anger. "I bet it was Alyssa who let you out? I told her to wait. Fuck!" He cursed as he ran his hands through his unruly black hair.

"I'm going to fucking murder that bitch," He said, his voice was low and deadly as he walked over to the night stand near his bed. I wasn't the least bit surprised when I saw him pull out a pistol.

"So I guess my mother is your boss huh?" I hissed, my voice cold as ice. I watched him through narrowed eyes. The anger hadn't gone away, not at all. But I knew that I couldn't let myself get this angry despite my rage. My body is beginning to ache from my violent movements.

He glared at me before shoving the gun in his back pocket. "You don't know the whole story." He growled, harshly as he stomped out of the room.

Deep down I was hoping that it wasn't true, that maybe I was just delusional. But now I know for a fact, my mother indeed set this entire thing up. Why? It's a question I don't know the answer to.