Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Caine hasn't been back for hours, ever since he went to go kill Alyssa I hadn't seen him. I regret letting him know that I knew, but there was no way I could pretend like I didn't. I was so angry, it was impossible. Although, I may have calmed down, the wound on my heart was still fresh from my mother's betrayal. It was the only thing on my mind, I couldn't distract myself like I wish I could.

Being handcuffed to a bed post, restricted any other method of coping with this pain. I didn't even want to call Alicia my mother anymore. No mother I knew would torment their daughters the way my mother had. She had crossed the line and now she was dead to me. I'd lost both of my parents.

I don't understand how my mother or Alyssa had the heart to do this to me. It would've never crossed my mind, I wouldn't dare treat them this way, I never did anything to harm them. I gave them my love and they only threw it back in my face. Their betrayal proves that they never cared for me like they pretended to. They both were amazing actors because I never suspected a thing. I wish I could've paid closer attention to them, but no I didn't I blindly put my trust in them.

Alyssa, she is one of the most despicable, selfish, human being I've ever known. She helped Caine only because she wanted to sleep with him that's just repulsive and downright disgusting. According to her, Caine was worth way more than our friendship.

Alicia, she's evil and cruel. She set up an entire plan so her own flesh and blood could suffer. I don't know what I did to cause her to do this to me. She let a man come in her home and beat her daughter that's just...no words could ever describe the hate I feel for her now. Mothers were supposed to protect you, not put you in harm's way.

As angry as I am, there was no way I could describe the hurt I feel so deep into my soul. It just burns and aches more than my physical pain ever did. At least I know I'll heal physically but emotionally I don't know if I'll ever recover.

I blinked back the tears that tried to escape from my eyes. I stiffened when I heard the slow sound of his door opening. Footsteps came near the bed, I slowly brought my green eyes up to his blue ones. I furrowed my eyebrows as I caught a glimpse of his emotionless face. I expected an expression of sick satisfaction since he did go and kill Alyssa. He slowly took the handcuffs off my wrists. His movements looked so robotic and forced.

I struggled to sit up, once I finally do I looked up just in time to see Caine's eyes skim up and down my half naked body. He looked away, his mouth set in a grim line before he pulled his black shirt over his head. I froze, a distant feeling of fear snaking up my spine but it disappeared when he only pulled his shirt over my head. His cold hands brushed against my bare skin. I shivered slightly.

Once I got my arms through the holes, he wrapped his hand under my leg and another around my waist. I don't make a sound, although I'm still angry at him. I knew something was wrong, it's best not to bother Caine when he's in one of his moods. I'm not trying to die, I had to remember that the next time I try to yell at him.

I resisted the urge to cuddle into the warm's Caine's body, which is vastly different from his personality. Despite, the warmth his body held, I was still uncomfortable and wanted to squirm. My wound was still so fresh.

He carried me out of his room, the hallway was much darker than it was before. I could barely make out the doors that lined up the walls. He stopped in front of the door, he was in earlier. My breathe caught in my throat when I realized I would be facing Alicia. I hear the thumping of my heart in my chest.

He kicked the door open, my eyes landed on her without a moment's hesitation. Her blonde hair pulled back into a bun, her green eyes chilled me to my very core. I remembered a week after my father's funeral she had the same expression on her face.