Chapter 21

Chapter 21

I didn't know how many hours, I've been trapped in this room. My wrists and ankles have gone numb from being tied up so long. My stomach grumbled for food, it felt I hadn't eaten in days. My mouth so dry, I couldn't even produce saliva. Caine nor Alyssa have visit me.

The light above my head, flickered causing the room to go dark for only a moment. What was the point of this? I asked myself. Was it necessary to leave me in this room? I just wanted to go home, I yearned for my soft, warm bed. I just wanted to get away for a while, away from all my problems. But that won't happen, I sighed heavily.

I was physically and emotionally drained, I was trying not to feel sorry for myself. So many have things has happened, I don't know if I could take anymore. One thing I did know was that I couldn't let them win. I was so angry at Alyssa, but it was Caine's fault. Overall, I was equally mad at both of them.

I still couldn't believe that Alyssa did this, only because she wanted to open her legs for Caine. I can't believe the audacity of her, she threw away our friendship. Obviously, I could tell she didn't even care, especially from the way she continued to throw herself at him. How could she be attracted to such a monster like Caine? Maybe she is all about appearances, she doesn't need any substance apparently. Not only that but I killed an innocent person for nothing. Oh my God, I'm a monster, that poor girl did nothing to me. I was so blinded by the need to save and protect Alyssa I didn't think twice before I took her life. I know Caine was going to do it anyway, but I'm no better than him, if I murdered someone no matter what they did.

Where did this Alyssa even come from? I just wanted to see just a little piece of my best friend. I wasn't surprised when I found out Caine was in on it, but Alyssa? She hurt me really deep, more than I let on. Her betrayal caused such bitterness to coarse through my veins.

I tried to slouch back further into the chair, my back was aching from sitting up for so long. I yawned, how badly did I want to go to sleep. There was no way I could though not when Caine could come and rape me or from the jealousy I seen earlier Alyssa might accidentally kill me in my sleep. I wasn't taking those chances no matter how much my eyes drooped from exhaustion.

Plus I couldn't sleep in this position, even if I tried.

That's when I heard it, a low creek indicating the opening of the door. My eyes snapped to the doorway, I groaned mentally when I noticed it was Alyssa. Everything about her was the same, her black hair flowing down her shoulders. Her green eyes with flecks of gold focused on me in the center of the room.

A sly smile crept up her lips, "Don't you look amazing today, Bryce." She said, sarcasm dripping from her voice. I sat up slightly, before I responded. "You know it," I rasped out in a croaky voice. Not the desired effect I was searching for, I cleared my throat maybe that could help.

She closed the door behind her, the only sound in the room was her heels against the floor as she came closer to me. I smirked, "Why are you wearing that professional work outfit? Trying to hide the dirty whore you really are?"

Her eyes darkened in anger before she sneered, "If I was you I'd watch what I say."

I raised my eyebrow before replying casually, "I'll say what the hell I want." I gave her a sickly sweet smile. She stopped in front of me. "Caine isn't here to save you now," She spat, venomously, as she pointed a perfectly manicured finger in my direction.

I let out a loud laugh at that joke, I sober up before spoke. "Caine saving me? Are we talking about the same person?"

She rolled her eyes in irritation. "Do you know any other Caines? It seems as if he wants to be only one to torment you," She murmured thoughtfully.