Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I placed her breakfast on the dining room table. I pulled out a chair for her. She smiled at me gratefully as she sat down. I give her a timid one back, I go into her living room and sit on the sofa, staring absentmindedly at the television. After she ate, she joined me on the couch. I turned off the television and faced her.

"Now are you going to tell me what happened?" I asked her as I fold my hands into my lap. She looked down with a remorseful expression.

"Bryce, I can't... " She muttered as tears filled her eyes. I stared at her, as I began to shake my head.

"No, no you're going to tell me," I stated firmly with a frown on my face. I watched her closely as she began to sob.

"Bryce I can't!" She shouted through her tears. Her shoulders shake as she sobbed loudly. My tough exterior cracked.

"They'll know.. they come after me," She cried.

I scooted closer and wrapped my arms around her. I stroke her hair softly, while murmuring. "It's okay shh."

She continued to cry, I can't force her to tell me. She's in no state to talk yet. But I'm wondering what if I called her like she did to me? What if she finds me battered and bruised? Wouldn't she like to know what the hell happened to me?

I sighed as I held her in my arms. I closed my eyes and tightened my arms around her. My phone begins to ring and I pulled back. I grabbed my phone out my back pocket.

"Hello?" I answered, Alyssa laid back onto the couch, I get up and head to their backyard to talk so I won't disturb her.

"How is your best friend doing?" He questioned, his voice mocking and low. My heart began to race and my hand started to tremble uncontrollably. How did he get my number? Then what he said sinks in and rage starts to bubble within me.

"You sick, twisted bastard! What the hell did you do to her?" I hissed into the phone as I walked farther away from her house.

"The only thing that matters is my boys enjoyed themselves," He said smugly. He's so proud about what he to her! I couldn't even handle to talking to him anymore. I hung up the phone and I jogged to my house.

I had to see that asshole. There's no way he's getting away with this. I can't believe he'd be so evil and heartless. Actually I can believe it but to my best friend of all people? I knew I should've did everything in my power to keep him away from her.

I hurriedly jogged up my drive way onto the porch. Thankfully, Clayton's car isn't here which means my mom isn't here either. I threw open the door and marched up the stairs to his room.

I barged into his room, silently seething. There he was laid back on his bed, his arms behind his head with that smug expression on his face. He clicked the television off and stared at me expectantly.

I shot him a malevolent glare. "You little shit! How dare you do that to my best friend?" I seethed, venom dripping from every word, my fists were clenched at my sides. I wanted to beat him so damn badly. My body was shaking with fury. All I could see is Alyssa's heartbroken face flashing in my mind on repeat. There's not a lot of people I'm close to, but the ones I have by my side? I'll do anything for them.

He arched an eyebrow at me, unimpressed. "What's wrong Bryce? We only had a little fun. Relax." He smile wickedly, his ice blue eyes twinkled in sick amusement and it sent shivers run through me.