Chapter 16

Chapter 16

I crawled into my bed and I sobbed. Did I really do that? My sobs were heart wrenching, painful cries. My heart was crumbling into pieces as I cried my heart out. I can't do this, I just can't. It has to be another way, this I just can't stand for. Maybe I could get the police involved or try and find Alyssa myself. There are other options, but do I have enough time?

He wants me in his room tomorrow, if I do contact the police what do I say? My evil, heartless stepbrother is trying to make me sleep with him because his crew took my best friend and he'll tell me where she is. If I don't he'll kill her? Even saying that seems so stupid even though it's the truth. I know they won't believe it, hell I wouldn't believe myself if I was them.

I could find her myself, but could I really find her by tomorrow?  I don't even know where to look. Maybe the warehouse, but where is that at? I ran my hands through my hair in frustration. I hastily wiped my tears, I don't have time for all this crying I need to do something. But every plan I'm trying to use has too many holes. I can't let Caine win, it has to be another way. I leaned my head against my pillow, praying that an idea would come through my head but I got nothing.

"Fuck!" I cursed, I sat up completely as I glanced around the room like that would help. Maybe I could tell my mom, but what would she do? What if Caine finds out I told her? Would he hurt her? He had no problem giving my best friend to the wolves, he wouldn't give a damn. If my mom stands in his way he might hurt her. I can't let another person get hurt because of me.

That night I tried to think of every way to avoid that option Caine proposed. But every plan I tried to think up, it came to a dead end. I felt so frustrated and helpless. I hated every minute of it, I hated all the power he had over me. He could control me with the snap of his fingers. I couldn't keep letting this go on, when am I going to be free from his hold? He can't keep doing this to me, once this is over. He'll probably find someone else I care about to hurt. I had to suck this up, I had to let him understand this wasn't going on anymore. I tried my best to believe my preaching but it was easier said than done.

That morning I decided to skip school. There was no way I could focus on that shit. Not when my mind was in chaos. I had more important things to worry about.

Plus school is going to be over in the next 2 weeks so I really don't care. I yanked a pair of dark jeans out of the closet, along with a gray tank top. I quickly got dressed and before I knew it I was heading out the door. Clayton as always was at work, I don't know where mom is. Who knows? Maybe she decided on getting a job too.

I start my journey to go to Alyssa's house. I know it won't fix things but I had to see if anybody was home.

I find myself strolling into her driveway, her house still looks abandon. Her mom's car is in the driveway, I even caught a glimpse of Alyssa's mom garden and the flowers withered up and died. If it was one thing her mom took pride in it was her garden.

A bad feeling crept up in my chest as I get closer to her front door. I put my hand on the knob and slowly swing the door open. I glanced around, everything seems the same. No damages, everything neat and tidy, so why is this bad feeling not going away? Oh yeah her mother isn't anywhere to be seen and the front door was left open.

I took a peek, in the kitchen, her mother's room, living room even the bathroom. Nothing. It wasn't until I turned to leave that I remembered something. I tip toed up the stairs, I walked down the hall until I found Alyssa's door. The site before me, had me gasping out aloud. My eyes couldn't believe what I was seeing.

My hand covers my mouth as my eyes raked over what used to be Alyssa's room. Everything was destroyed, her bed was torn up into pieces, her flat screen had a huge hole in it. The pictures of us and her friends are ripped from the wall, it was shredded into little bits near my feet. It looked like a tornado demolished this room. But that wasn't what made my eyes go wider than they already were. It was the blood.

Blood was everywhere, all over her clothes, her bed sheets, even on her window still. A puddle of dried blood lay near her bathroom. I swallowed the bile that rose in my throat after seeing all that blood. It looked old, not fresh at all, I wrinkled my nose at the awful smell emanating from the bathroom. I crept closer until I saw a message on the mirror in blood.

An ice cold fear ran through my body as I read it. It was addressed to me. "See all the fun we had? We won't mind letting you get a taste of it." I whispered, my hand trembled at I stared at message.

How did they know I'd come here? Why does this blood on the mirror looks so fresh unlike the blood in her room? I shuddered as I began to back away. I think I've seen enough, if it was there goal to creep me the fuck out, they succeeded. I turned around and got my ass out of there in a record of time.

I didn't stop running until I was at my house. Deep down I was horrified at the state her room was in. How much blood did she lose? Is she badly hurt? Why did they give me that message on the mirror? It must've been recent if that blood looked so red and fresh.

What if they was at that house mere minutes before I was? I shivered at that thought, I haven't met the guys that did this to my best friend, besides Caine but once I do...I'm going to make a few makeshift graves in the woods for their dead bodies. I grinned at that thought now that wouldn't be too bad.

I was about to open the door to my house, when I abruptly stopped in my tracks. There it is....that feeling of being watched. My back was burning from the stares of someone's eyes.

I turned around quickly to catch the person but I saw nothing. Not one person is out, not even Becky Ann, the 60 year old lady across the street. Usually she would be out this early in the morning but she's not. I shrugged as I turned around to walk into my house, but before I'm fully inside, I see something out the corner of my eye. When try to see what it is, it's gone before I could.