Chapter 19

Chapter 19

I continued to stay frozen in that spot, my mind wasn't processing the fact that I just killed an innocent person..

I'm a monster oh my god. She was innocent and I killed her. Oh my god. Oh my god... Tears welled up in my eyes. How could I do this? Why didn't I just let myself be killed? How could I take an innocent life? Why did I do that? I'm a monster! Oh my god...I sobbed loudly as the gun slipped from my fingers. I will never forget myself. How could I choose my life over hers? Oh God..Why did I do that? Why? Why? Why? I tugged on my blonde hair in distress.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Caine roughly shoved me away from him. I winced when my body slammed against the floor, only inches away from Valencia's pool of blood. I hurriedly scooted away from her body, my eyes couldn't move away from the scene in front of me.

My body was swimming with horror, guilt and self hatred for crime I just committed. I couldn't believe I pulled the trigger.

"Bryce, "

I heard my name being called from behind me, I tore my eyes away to glare up at Caine. I opened my open to let out some foul, shameful curse words when I remember that I did indeed killed Valencia. How could I be so selfish? And evil? Is it worth it? Of course not. I've fucked up big time. I have blood spilled on my hands. I had to shake my head to rid myself of my self loathing thoughts. I have to focus on something else.. anything else...

It was time to let me get my best friend back. I blinked back the tears that threatened to fall. I can't do this, it was either me and Alyssa or her. I had to choose rather I wanted to or not.

"What is it?" I uttered in an eerily calm voice, my emotionless eyes stared into Caine's. He came over near me, he used his hand to yank me up, by my arm.

"We have to go," He said, impatiently as he grabbed my arm to pull me along with him. I grimaced as he pulled my arm so hard I thought he was going to yank it out of it's socket.

"Can you let go? You're going to yank my arm off," I snapped as he led us through the tiny white house. I tried to tug it out of his hold, but he only tightened his grip until I feel the blood stop flowing to that part of my arm. I gritted my teeth, that bastard.

It felt like forever until we finally reached his car, I was thanking the heavens when he let go of my arm. His grip was like steel. We both got in the car, I looked in the rear view mirror. I saw a flash of red and blue lights. No wonder he was rushing, I guess one of the neighbors called the police. Caine didn't waste any time before he took off down the street. He was going so fast. The neighborhood was nothing but a blur.

He continued to race down the street for 15 minutes until he was sure that no cops was following us. The silence in the car was so tense, that I couldn't help but be on edge. I was trying not to think of the fact that I committed murder not too long ago. I wanted to block those thoughts out but they only continued to linger. Just haunting me, like dark whispers slithering into my mind.

"Are you going to take me to Alyssa now?" I muttered as I stared ahead at the car's windshield in front of me. I wrung my hands in my lap, only stopping to push the stray hair that had fallen in my face, behind my ear. I need to get my mind off the fact that I killed an innocent girl for no reason. I hate myself why did Caine make me do that? Why did I pull the trigger? I didn't do that I would be dead and so would Alyssa..I thought to myself, but it did nothing to comfort me.

"Yes, you did do as I asked," He confirmed quietly. I glanced at him from the corner of my eye, his face was void of emotion. But his eyes always managed to have that same cold and dark look., it gave me chills. I don't respond, for some reason I tried to get excited at the thought of seeing Alyssa again, but I couldn't get over what I had to do for it. I cradle the side of my face in my hand as we reached the destination in which my best friend was held.