Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I hurried to my room, looking behind me to see if Caine will pop up somewhere. Then I slammed and locked the door. I rushed to my bed, my face crashing into a pillow. I grimaced when I hit my bruises from Caine's punches and then I sobbed.

I cried because Caine came in my life, I cried because of the disgust I felt after Caine touched me, I cried for my best friend. I never felt so disgusted and violated in my life. I shuddered just thinking about it. How can someone do that especially to someone that supposed to be considered family? That's so wrong on so many levels. Can't he see I'm not interested? I wanted him to leave me alone. I had to avoid him at all costs.

After that long sobbing fest I kind of felt better. But know that crying won't solve anything. Because Caine is still here.

A thought popped to my head, Shit! I forgot about Alyssa. I get up and rushed to my door. Then I run to the my bathroom, lathering foundation over my skin to cover my bruises so Alyssa won't see them. I stared at my reflection, dejectedly. My face is starting to swell up, making my cheeks look chubby. I hope she don't look closely or look at me at all, I jogged down the stairs to my front door.

Thankfully, I didn't run into anyone, when I reached her house I opened the front door. I heard the Television on in the living room. That's when I spot her, sitting on the couch. A pillow nestled in her lap. She still looks terrible from yesterday. Her bruises on her face were a dark purple color. Her face was swollen. She glanced at me, a weak smile on her face "Hi."

"How are you?" I croaked out with a forced smile on my face. I felt so awful but I knew this wasn't the time to tell her about Caine.

She rolled her eyes. "I'm okay Bryce," She muttered. I needed to get my mind off of what happened with Caine. I needed a distraction.

"Are you okay enough to tell me? They won't know I promise," I pleaded with her, my voice on the edge of desperation.

She hesitated slightly before she sighed reluctantly "Bryce.. I just.. okay, " She eyed me wearily before she looks down at her hands and she began her story.

"I told you before I was going to a party, when I first got there it was fun. I was having a blast but then it got kind of hot so I went outside to breathe. When I got out there it was a group of guys standing around. Something about them creeped me, I just couldn't stay out there. Something was off about those guys. When I gave them one last look, I saw your step brother. He caught my eye and gave me a smile. I returned it. Then I went back inside." She paused, as she took a deep breath.

She continued. "I went to use the restroom, when came out everyone was running and screaming. I heard gun shots, I began to run with the crowd. But someone yanked me back. They continued to drag me until they pulled me into the basement. I saw a few of the guys from outside in there. I also saw Caine, I demanded that they let me go but one answered, That's not happening, sugar..He came to me. I tried to run but he caught me,"She sniffed, her eyes glazed over.

"He started to beat me up, especially because I was being defiant and not listening. He kicked, punched, smacked me," She whispered with a hard scowl on her face, her eyes filling up with tears.

She shook her head. "Anyways, after that occurred, he began to take off my clothes. That's when 3 other guys came over there and he wanted invite them to have fun and they..." She trailed off, tears running down her face.

I wrapped my arms around her. My own eyes began to water. My heart was breaking, I can't believed they raped her. Oh my God, she didn't deserve this. Soon my hurt, turned into rage. I wanted to kill them for ever coming near her. I'm going to get them, whatever I do I'm going get them.. I swear even it's the last thing I do.