Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"It doesn't matter, she's just going through something. She'll be fine," I lied with forced smile on my face. I don't know if she'll ever be fine. I'm hoping and praying that she will.

As of right now, I was at Alyssa's house. Her mother invited me in for tea, I couldn't refuse. Her mom is like a second mom to me. But if I'd known we would discuss this, I probably would've made up an excuse.

Alyssa's mother  just stares at me a second longer before she sighed. I felt so bad for lying to her, I wanted so badly to tell her what really happened to her daughter. If I did she would go to the cops, even though I wanted those fuckers to get caught we have no evidence.

I don't even know who they are. Not only that but Alyssa told me that I couldn't, I saw the fear rooted inside of her. She was terrified, if they found out they would find her.

I wouldn't let anything happen to her. Caine is the only one I know they knows who they are. I doubt he'd tell me, that little bitch was in on everything. He just stood by and let it happen. I bet he even had his own round of fun.

He's the reason why they came at her in the first place. Just thinking about it made rage ignite inside my veins. God, I've never hated anyone as much as I hated him. As I thought that I knew in my heart I meant it.

I looked at Karen as she took a sip of her tea.

She shook her head slightly before she spoke "Bryce I know something is wrong with my child. It's killing me to see her like this. Surely you've noticed it too?" She asked, her teary brown eyes looked deep into my green ones.

She looked so heartbroken and upset, the urge to tell her got stronger and stronger as well as the hate for Caine and his crew. I glanced at my hands in my lap, I couldn't look at her. "I've noticed it too, I can assure you that I've got her. I'll be there for her," I promised her, as tears of my own blurred my vision.

I blinked them back, I took a deep breath before I stood up. "I have to go," I said hastily.

I had to get out of there, I knew if I'd stayed a second longer. The dam in my eyes would break then I'd end up spilling the beans about everything. I couldn't let that happen.

She looked slightly alarmed at my tone, "What's wrong, dear?" Her voice is laced in motherly concern.

She stands up from the table as well. I shook my head, with a weak smile on my face. I turned around and walked away with Alyssa's mom staring holes in my back.

I slide down the brick wall on the side of my house, until I'm in a crouching position, I leaned my head on my legs. And I just sit there, numb. Even though I was just at Alyssa's house I felt like I was going to burst into tears but now I just feel empty. No emotions run through me, not one thought enters my head.

I'm grateful that it didn't, its too overwhelming. Sometimes it gets so hard to breathe, my head hurts from all the thoughts that run through my head.

I don't know how long I stay there but when I look up at the sky. I see that its not the same blue it was before but its a dark midnight blue. My guess it must be at least 8:30 pm, I stand up.

I stuffed my hands in my pockets before I head into my house. And to my displeasure, I see Caine at the table having dinner with Clayton and my mom. It was just yesterday when he demanded I go with him on Saturday. It's only Wednesday, I'm terrified at what he has in store for me. I'm such an idiot for agreeing to go with him but what else could I do to protect Alyssa?