Epilogue

Epilogue

I ran a brush through my long blonde hair to get rid of all the tangles and knots. Once I was satisfied with my hair, I put on a bit of light make up to finish my look. I smiled at my glowing reflection. Although, I was only going to work, I was in the mood to look better probably due to my growing crush one of my co workers. I worked at an Italian restaurant down the road, since I was considered a high school drop out I didn't have many options.

It's been a year and eight months since I've left California. When I first got to New York, I was scared that he was lurking in the shadows. I was constantly on edge, I didn't know to get close to anyone especially after the stinging betrayal of Alicia and Alyssa. It made me scared to even converse with people, because for all I know it could've been an act. Just a mask that was going to fall off once I trusted them. After searching for a job since I decided I couldn't handle sleeping in my car anymore, plus I was getting low on money. I, finally got a job at the Italian restaurant in Manhattan. The owner was a middle age man that had such a kind heart I found it impossible for him to be able to pretend that well. I thought that the only reason I got that job because he pitied me enough to give it to me. Especially after I told him what I went through. I edited a lot of details out though.

After almost 3 months of working there I was able to finally get an apartment. It wasn't all that fancy but it was enough for me. I didn't have the time to be picky. It took be a very long time to stop looking over my shoulder and being so paranoid. It only happened recently that I decided to get comfortable and stop worrying. I took a huge risk and even made a friend. Her name was Rosalie, she also worked with me. She was 19 years old the same age as me. And for the longest she was trying to be friendly to me but I rejected all her offers until a few month ago. I concluded that I couldn't live this way anymore and that I had to let go of my past.

Thankfully, I was able to talk to Luke, he was very excited and happy to hear from me. Although I didn't want to drag him in this mess I had made. I still couldn't let go of him for good. I didn't want him worrying about me, plus I missed him a lot. Especially since he was the only piece of my past that I actually didn't hate nor was it tainted with bad memories. He agreed that he was going to see me very soon, since he was busy checking out the colleges he wanted to attend.

Sometimes I was terrified that he was out there looking for me. It was a thought I buried deep inside of my mind because I didn't want to dwell on it too long and become the way I was before. It was impossible when I laid down at night to not think about it. For a very long time I had so many nightmares about him. Ones so horrifying that I was shaken up for days. I was slowly letting my fear for him go but it was tough.

My thoughts were cut off when I heard the ringing of my phone. "Hello?" I answered as I stuffed my make up bag into my leather purse.

"Bryce? I'm waiting outside for you," Rosalie whined as I heard a distant beep from the outside of the window near my bedroom. I let out a chuckle. "Okay I'm on my way!" I hung up the phone and grabbed my purse and headed out my apartment. I clicked on the button to the elevator. I stepped into the elevator once it stopped. I noticed that a guy was in the elevator too, his black hood concealed his face from my view. I looked at him strangely but decided I didn't care as I shrugged.

We both got off at the same stop the lobby of my apartment. I don't know but something about that man gave me chills. I was so confused by my body's reaction towards the strange guy but I just ignored it. Which was indeed my first mistake.

I jogged through the lobby to exit through the doors, I spotted Rosalie's car right away. I smiled apologetically as I slid into the passenger's side. "Sorry for taking forever,"