"I wanted to..."

Character: Tate Langdon (Pre-Death)

You hummed to yourself as you walked through the doors of your high school of 3 3/4 years, Westfield High. You softly waved to your friends as you walked by their lockers but didn't stop to say hi since you would be late for English class. You hurried as quick as you could so you could pick a seat but unluckily, you were too late. Only one desk remained in the back of the class behind a tall kid but you shrugged it off because your teacher would probably tell you and the class to continue the poems you started last class. You sat down just as the bell rang and the teacher walked in. Looking around, noticed the tall, shaggy blonde haired figure beside you, Tate Langdon. You never really talked to him before, mostly because he was quiet and probably didn't even know your name but you knew that he was a good writer and even better poet. Since you were also in AP English this year, you got to look at other student's stories and poems, tipping people of ways they could maybe up their grade. You knew Tate got bullied a lot and sometimes you even told them off after witnessing, some of them would stop but then there were the ones that just spat insults at you.

Just as predicted, Mrs.Theriault told you all to continue your poems. So you got out your special english note book that "Imagine" in a pretty designed hot air balloon that you got for Christmas from your father, continuing your poem. But then you noticed you didn't have a pencil, you must of dropped it on the way there. Looking around you noticed you were surrounded by football jocks that you would rather not talk to... Then you turned to him.

"Sppt" He didn't budge.

"Sppppt" You whispered a bit louder and then he finally looked up a bit surprised, taking a look behind him to see if there was anyone behind him but since he was at the end of the row there wasn't. 

"... Yeah?"

"Do you have an extra pencil, I think I dropped mine before I cam here." You asked with a smile. He hesitated before nodding and reaching into his bag, handing you a sharpened pencil with a half used eraser. "Thank you!"

"... You're welcome." He replied, quickly turning back to his work. You smiled to yourself before doing the same as well.

-----

At lunch, you walked into the lunch room, looking around for your friends they waved in your direction and you smiled, about to walk to them ... Until you saw him. Tate, sitting alone as well, head down as always. You also saw the foot ball jocks making their way towards him. Swiftly you walked over, sitting across from him, ignoring his obviously confused and surprised expression and glared at the jocks. Luckily they stopped when they saw your glare and turned around. A relieved sigh left your lips and you smiled at Tate.

"Hi!"

"Thanks... You didn't have to do-"

"I wanted to... Ben and his posy are assholes and need to be told to stop by someone." You explained as you got your lunch out of your bag.

"Well thanks, but you don't have to sit here anymore, you can go back to your friends." He said fidgeting with his sweater. Your eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

"Why wouldn't I want to sit with you?" His eyes snapped up to your's, almost looking to see if you were lying or not. He shrugged his shoulders after moment. "Well I want to sit with you, plus if I have to listen to my friends talk about how the angle of our table makes Adam Sparks look somehow even more handsome, I'm afraid I may strangle myself." He chuckled to himself looking down, making you smile, you liked his laugh.

"Can't say I relate." He said with a small smile. "I mostly just listen to music alone."

"Believe me, as soon as I walk through the doors of my house I'm straight to my room and blast Nirvana." You sighed, wishing you could do that instead of Phys. Ed. next period. Tate's eyes lightened up.

"You like Nirvana?" He questioned excitedly making you laugh.

"Hell yeah! I love Kurt Cobain!" Suddenly the bell rang ruining the moment you were both having, sighing you smiled at Tate. "I guess I'll see you in History." 

"Bye, Y/N." You heard Tate say as you walked away, smiling to yourself you felt that this was a start to a really good friendship... Maybe even more.

Okay I have a question, if I were to do a writing contest, who would enter??? Anyway, I hoped you enjoyed! 

PS, I didn't re-read it so sorry for any typos or mistakes!!

-Kayla