Prologue

The back door was open. It was never open. Not like this. He was in the bar with the others and left me in the back. He wasn't finished with me yet.

My face stung from the slap I had received minutes ago and I rubbed it as I thought.

I could run but where could I go? We made a promise never to leave each other behind. I needed help. Not from the police, they hadn't done anything to help us before, why would they now?

I decide to risk it and jump out of my seat and out of the door into the alleyway. I stumble on stiff legs and hit the wall. I can hear shouts behind me but I block them out.

I'll come back for you I think as I run.

Ten of us. That's how many there was to begin with. Angelica, Rob, Gus, Rose, Isaac, Kate, Chris and myself were 14. Freddie was 16 and Elliott was 9. Two years later and only seven of us survived. Kate and Chris disappeared a few days after Elliott was... After he passed away. That was 18 months ago.

I can see a car just ahead. It's an expensive car. Black and sleek. A chauffer in a black hat and leather gloves in the front seat. Two men are climbing into the back seat and I can hear him behind me. I speed up but it's hard in the tight dress. I stumble in my heels and fall into a dirty puddle. The rain splashes on my face and my eyes meet with his.

He smirks and steps away. I frown but go to scream when a large hand covers my mouth and pulls me into the back of the car.

I fall into the footwell as the two men climb in behind me. They are both massive and have on black suit jackets over black shirts and perfect black trousers.

One has fiery red hair and a smile on his face. "Hey little girl" he says cheerily.

"Who the fuck are you!" I scream.

He flinches and the second man laughs. He has dark sunglasses on which is strange for the weather outside. His dark hair is slicked back and he looks quite young. They both do. "Did she scare you? I'm sure she doesn't bite" he chuckles.

"Shut up Viktor!" The red-haired man shouts. He looked back at me "Why did we take her again. If you wanted another maid we could have just hired one normally?"

Viktor looks down at me "I felt bad for her" he says quietly.

The other man chokes. "What?! Since when did you do that?"

I fidget. The footwell is not a comfortable place. Especially in a wet dress and shoes that are cutting all circulation to my toes. "Are you going to kill me?" I ask nervously.

Viktor laughs again. "Maybe. I haven't decided yet"

"That's fucked up. You could have easily given me a straight answer but you didn't. You decided to be an asshole" I grumbled. I really didn't care anymore. I had just been kidnapped for the second time.

Viktor raises an eyebrow at me "You're not making a very good case"

I shrugged "So? If you don't kill me someone else will"

He smiles at me. It isn't a kind smile. It was a one of menace. A one of a predator seeking prey. "Artie, phone Lisa and tell her we'll be home in 10" he says.

The red haired man nods and pulls out his phone. I try and push myself up but Viktor places his foot on my shoulder, pushing me down. His rubber soles bite into my bare skin and I recoile into the seat in front.

The next few minutes are completely silent. Realisation dawns that I was now captive to an unknown man. Viktor seemed to be in charge but Artie definitely had some sort of authority.

We pull up in front of a massive house. I can barely see from my position on the floor but I can make out the grandeur of it. The door is opened and Artie steps out. Victor's door is opened next and he drags me out behind him. I shiver as cold air chills my wet back.

I stumble on the gravel driveway. Heels and gravel don't mix, especially when you're being roughly dragged by your forearm. "Can you at least let me take my shoes off?" I ask as I stumble again and he has to yank me up to keep me from falling.

At 5'8 I'm not the tallest girl but I usually stand above people. Viktor and Archie both towered over me even with my massive heels and must be at least 6 foot something.

He ignores my question and pushed the door open with his free hand. I sigh when my feet touch solid ground. I still can't walk right as I try to make it so he isn't twisting my arm. The door slams behind us and I yelp.

"Viktor! Artie!" A voice shouts in a cheery voice. "You're home!" I look up to see a woman with a red hair atop head and a smile on her face. Her face drops when she sees me "Boys..." She scolds.

Artie steps forward "Mum... Go back and help Reagan clean up"

She puts her hands on her hips and stares at her son "What will you do to her? If I leave? Look at her. She's all dirty and... What did you do to her!"

I put a smile on my face "My name's Bella, you must be Lisa. The brute holding my arm hasn't told me anything but you seem kind so I'll ask you. Who are you guys and why am I here?"

Viktor's grip tightens and I growl at him. Lisa glares at him "Let's go of her. Now"

Viktor shakes his head "Not a chance. Bella, let's go" he starts dragging me towards the stairs and I groan. "Stop doing that. It's irritating" he mutters.

"Your face is irritating" I murmer. He shakes his head.

"How old are you? Five?" He chuckles.

I stand as straight as I can "Sixteen last week" I say proudly "What about you. I'm guessing eighteen?"

He rolled his eyes and pushed me into a room "Nineteen" He closes the door behind him and I look around to see a modernly decorated room. Everything was black or white and other was the nicest room I'd seen in a while. "Why was that man chasing you?" He asked, suddenly serious.

"Sean? He 'owns' me" I make quotation marks with my fingers and he sighs "Two years ago I was snatched from my classroom alongside nine other kids. You know him?"

He nods and pinches the bridge of his nose "Unfortunately. You're going to help us okay? Help us and you live. That's the deal"

I groan again "I don't like deals. They can be maniplulated"

He grinned "I promise. No loopholes. If you help us then I'll get you home safely"

My eyes light up hopefully "And my friends?" He nods. "How long will it take? We only have two months" I play with my fingers.

"Until what?" He asks.

I sigh "Angie's pregnant and he's going to kill the baby when it's born. That's why I was running. We need her out of there"

He straightens "Don't leave this room. I'll collect you for breakfast in the morning and you will tell me every detail of what he has done"

He goes to leave and I step forward "Why? Why are you helping us?"

He laughed "I'm not helping you Princesa. I'm doing what I do best. Making someone pay"