One

I wake up in the large comfortable bed from last night. I'm alone which is different. At Sean's the seven of us shared a room with only one bed smaller than this. A feeling tugs at my heart. Loneliness.

I swing my legs from the bed and sigh. I'm still wearing the dirty white dress from last night but my shoes are discarded on the floor. My bare feet hit the soft carpet and I sigh contentedly. The mirror catches my eye and I walk towards it only to be greeted by my reflection.

I like to think that I was once beautiful. An image appears in my mind. A picture of me before all of this happened. My brown hair is cut short to my collarbone, it had never been so short but I liked it. I'm smiling and hugging my cousin Sofia. Her long red curls frame her beautiful freckled face.

My skin was never perfect. Eczema made my skin patchy and red but I didn't care. I wasn't the thinnest or most gorgeous girl but I loved my imperfections. All of them.

I face my reflection and a different girl faces me. My hair had grown longer and now had lighter highlights. My skin cleared up but the patches were replaced by scars. I have thinned down a lot, my hazel eyes have stayed the same however. A small victory in my place. A little piece of the girl that was lost.

I couldn't imagine wearing what I was now before. It was far too short and tight to be comfortable. I pull at it awkwardly. My long fake nails annoy me and I resist the urge to pull them off. Part of me is still scared. Still scared that he will come back. That I will be dragged back down there. To my Hell.

The door opens but I don't jump. I just look over to see the person intruding my space without knocking. "Bella?" A small voice said. The older woman from before walked in and I smiled.

"Lisa" I said and walked towards her. My toes hurt from the awful shoes and I wiggle them as I stand in front of her. She is a few inches smaller than me but resembles her son so much. She smiles at me and takes my hands in hers. We sit on the end of the bed and she looks around.

She sighs "It looks like you might be staying for a while. I want you to know that I know it is scary but the boys won't do anything to you. I won't let them. Just do as they ask" She smiles weakly and strokes my cheek "Where did they find you?" She asks.

I look down at our joined hands "In an alley outside a bar. I was running away from the devil" I smirk and she laughs.

"I have something for you" she says standing up. She goes back to the door and picks up a large black bag. Dropping it on the bed beside me, I stare at it. "Now, I have high hopes for you. You've done something that no one but Arthur has for a while. You've put a smile on Viktor's face" She opens the bag and pulls out a plain blue summer dress "This will look gorgeous on you" she said.

I frown "Where did you get these?" I ask as she lays it beside me and pulls out a pair of matching blue pumps.

She stops and I fret that I said something I shouldn't have. "They were my daughter's" she says quietly "She died about a year ago. You think someone loves you" she smiles at me and puts the shoes beside the dress "She ran away with her boyfriend and became a part of a small gang. They weren't harmful and only did minor things, graffiti, vandalism etc. But then she broke it off with him and he shot her. Said she saw too much"

I took her hand "I'm sorry for your loss"

She nods "It was a dark time for this family. Her boyfriend, just before he was killed, leaked a rumour that Viktor tortured and killed that little boy. Do you know the one I'm talking about?"

My breathing caught in my throat as I nodded. It was like the world was crumbling all over again. "Ruined him. He's done some terrible things but never would he torture a nine year old boy" Lisa continues. "I don't see why anyone would"

I close my eyes and tried to calm my breathing. The screaming in my ears only gets louder and I want to cry. The images flash over and over in my head and I cover my ears with my hands but it doesn't work. "Bella!" A voice shouts. It's a male voice.

"Isaac?" I say quietly as I open my eyes. The screaming stopped and I found myself being held by someone. "Artie?" I say looking into his eyes.

"What happened?" He asked.

I shrugged and stood up "I don't know what you're talking about"

Artie stood and I looked around to see Lisa gone. "She's helping Reagan with breakfast" Artie said as if reading my mind "What happened? Mum said it was like you just stopped"

"Nothing. Now I need to change. Out" I pointed at the door and he shook his head.

"It doesn't matter I guess. Your secrets will be spilled sooner or later" he put his hands in his pockets and walked out.

Do these men always wear suits? I thought as he walks out in a similar suit to the one he was wearing yesterday.

I close the door and rest my forehead against it. It's over. It's in the past.

I go back over to the bed and pick up the dress. It looks like it should fit so I slip it on. It's slightly too big and I sigh. It has a thin belt and I tighten it around my waist. The shoes fit perfectly and I smile as I imagine myself as Cinderella.

I look in the mirror once more and frown. The dress seems so perfect on me. It's spotless and in perfect condition. It shows off the scar on my neck and my scars on my wrists. I turn and look at my back. My bruises are only slightly visible. My lip is burst and I have a fading black eye. The results of my punishments.

I slip out into the hall and pad quietly on the wooden floor. A hand grabs my arm and I groan. "Morning Viktor" I grumble. He grunts in response "Do you guys own anything other than formal wear?" I ask. He wears a black shirt and black suit trousers. He ignores me and I sigh.

We walk into the dining room and seated at the table are two other men. Women rush around filling glasses and putting out plates as I'm pushed I to a chair beside Artie. The other man I haven't met before doesn't even look at me as he continues with his conversation.

A feast is placed in front of us and the three men start putting food on their plates. I hear Artie laugh as he piles his own plate up. He looks at me "Eat up. There's plenty"

I look back at the food and feel my mouth water. I don't think I'm ever seen so much food for only four people. There's bacon, sausages, french toast, tomatoes, kippers and every type of egg imaginable.

I put a few rashers of bacon on my plate and a fried egg. I pick at it and smile. It was so greasy and I loved it. I finished quickly and watched as the others took a second portion. I looked down at their toned bodies and couldn't help but wonder where it all went. My stomach craved more but for some reason I was afraid.

Viktor watches me like a hawk as I continue to stare at the food without actually touching it. "Take more. You're obviously still hungry"

I go to deny it but my stomach rumbles loudly. "I can't" I say quietly. "I'm scared"

The other man chuckles "Of a bit of bacon? It's not poisoned, look" he shoves a bit in his mouth and I sigh.

"He doesn't like it when I gain weight" I whisper almost silently. I wince at the memory of the last time we had managed to get to a fast food restaurant.

Viktor growls slightly and I look up at him as he slams his hands down on the table. "Well he's not here so eat the fucking food before I shove it down your throat!" He roars.

I stare at him and he stands and walks out. "My office. Ten minutes!" He calls out.

I look back at Artie "Is he talking to me?" I ask and he chuckles.

"You're in deep shit little girl" he laughs before continuing to eat.