Thirty Five

The jet's waiting for us when we get to the airport. Rya jumps out of the car first and I follow close behind.

"Come on little guy. You can't stay in here all day" Alexander says.

I see him reach in and take hold of the little boy. He has his mother's blond hair and his father's blue eyes. "Why did you kill those people? Were they bad?"

Rya runs over to him "They don't like mummy and daddy" she says with a smile "Come on. There's sweeties on the plane" she takes his hand and the two of them run onto the jet.

I nod to tell Alexander to follow them as I watch for the remaining guests to arrive.

It takes about twenty minutes for the black van to catch up. It pulls up and an old friend steps out. "Maddox" I say.

He smiles at me. "Five of them. Right?"

I nod and he opens the back doors. I walk up and see five black body bags. "They weren't too hard to get. I just convinced them to let me drive the van" he shrugs.

He was a police officer that owed me a favour. "You can go now. Tell no one" I order.

He nods and starts to walk away. I watch as the body bags start to move. Stiff movements at first and then the shape of a hand becomes prominent on the one closest to me.

I grab the zip that's already slightly down to allow air in and yank down.

Angelica takes a massive gulp of air as she sits upright. "What the fuck is going on!" She screams.

"Angelica!" Someone else shouts. One of the bags starts to move erratically. It reminded me of when I once put a cat in a sleeping bag. I pull down that zip too and Rob scrambles out.

"Help me get the rest of them" I say. "We have to be quick. They'll be here soon"

"Who?" Rob asks as he starts freeing his friends.

"The police. They'll figure out you're not dead when Rosalind wakes up" I say.

Angelica stops "What did you do to my sister?"

I shrug "The same thing I did to you guys. We had to get Matthew off her" She glares at me "The boss's orders were very clear on who I was to get out of there"

Gus, who's now free, scowls "I thought you were the boss"

I smile "So did I"

"Wait" Rob says. At this point, everyone's out the van. "Is Matthew here?"

I smile "Rya!" I shout.

My daughter runs off the plane towards me. "Go get Matthew" I say. She sighs and runs back to get him. When she returns, he hides behind her slightly.

I hear Angelica make a sound close to a sob and then she walks forward slowly. "Matthew?" She says.

The little boy walks down the steps carefully. "Auntie Rosalind says you're my mummy. She says you had to go away for a bit because you were naughty"

She laughs "Yes sweetie. But I'm back now"

He keeps walking towards her and she crouches down and pulls him into her chest. He looks over her shoulder at Rob "Are you my daddy?"

He grins and walks forward to join them. "Yes. Yes I am"

****

Six hours on a plane is boring. Especially when you don't have a certain Bella to stare at.

I miss her. Greatly. It had been less than a week but my heart ached to see her again.

Rya fell asleep on my lap and I play with her curls. She had nearly black hair but we guessed that would happen, after all, both her parents had dark hair.

She had my eyes and her mothers nose. She looked extremely like her when she sleeps. I remember just before the wedding and Rya had had a nightmare and climbed into bed beside us.

I stayed awake for a bit to watch them both. My girls. Minha família.

"Viktor. We're here" I hear Alexander say. I must have fallen asleep as Rya is gone and the plane is empty apart from the two of us. "I've missed this place"

****

My villa is where we went. I went in first and could already hear the chaos. Something smashes and my jaw clenches. I leave them for a couple of days...

Alexander points Angelica towards the bathroom and after a few seconds we hear her scream. "There's a fucking ghost!"

I hear something else smash. "My ice cream!"

Oliver runs out of a room and freezes as he sees me "You're home" he says. "Give me two seconds"

"You're about to get me shot!" He shouts and goes into the kitchen.

"It's not my fault that no one's let me out my bed in three whole days!"

I start to laugh and walk into the kitchen. Angelica looks as pale as the white marble counters and Oliver is glaring at Bella.

She stares at the puddle of ice cream on the floor and it's surrounded by broken ceramic. She looks up at me and there's actually tears in her eyes "She made me drop my ice cream"

I step around the broken shards and put my hand on her shoulders. "Are you okay?"

She shakes her head "I want Rya. I haven't seen her in so long and I missed you. Oliver wouldn't let me get out of bed all day and I was hungry"

I raise an eyebrow "All of this is because you were hungry?"

She frowns and folds her arms "If you're going to laugh at me then I'll just go"

"She... She... She's dead" Angelica says.

I ignore her and lift Bella up onto the counter. "You sit there and I'll make you something to eat. What do you want?"

She thinks for a second. "A microwavable pizza"

I laugh but do as she orders. She is the boss after all.

I turn back to her "You have to stay in bed until your wound heals" I say.

"But it's taking forever" she whines.

I chuckle "It was hardly going to heal over night. You nearly died"

She frowns "If you start apologising again, I'll slap you"

I shake my head. The microwaves pings and I open it up and put the small pizza on a plate. I hand it to her and she grins. I'm so glad she didn't pick something that actually involved cooking. Because, let's just say, there's a reason Lisa stuck around.

I step back and she jumps down into the counter.

It happens so fast I can't register what's actually going on. She screams and jumps back up in the air. The pizza falls as she drops the plate and her legs slip from under her as she lands.

She hits the ground hard. "What was that!" I shout as I go down to help her.

Her hand goes to her stomach and she groans "I think I ripped my stitches again"

I see the culprit then. A shard of ceramic sticking out of her bare foot. I pull it out and she lets out a cry as I scoop her off the floor. "Back to bed for you then"

"No!" She whines as I carry her away.