Eight

I finally got to meet Reagan a few minutes ago. She brought in my dress. It is beautiful. It has a large skirt that's covered in layers of material. When I put it on I felt like a princess. Viktor must have realised my hatrid for heels as the shoes I am given are little black wedges that give me a little bit of extra height without he feeling of being in stilts.

Reagan doesn't smile at me. At all. I find it horribly awkward as she didn't talk either. She simply pointed where she wanted me to go and got on with what she was doing. I sit in the chair infront of the mirror while she braid my hair over my shoulder. She tucks little black roses into the braids and smiles slightly.

I am make up free and begin to feel very self conscious. She seems to notice "You'll fit right in" she says emotionless and leaves the room. I sigh and stand up, admiring the dress in the mirror.

The door opens and I see Artie's reflection behind me. He wears a perfect black suit and straightens his tie in the mirror and sighs before pulling it off and unbuttoned the top button on his black shirt. He tugs off his blazer and relaxes. "Much better" he sighs. I laugh and he turns his attention to me "Well don't you look stunning" he smiles. I beam and he chuckles.

"Didn't scrub up too bad yourself" I laugh.

He smiles "We're going to be late. Hurry" I take his hand and he leads me out into the hall.

"What is the ball actually for?" I ask.

He smiles "Oliver's getting hitched. Popped the question a few days back"

My eyes widen "Why did no one tell me?"

"I thought you didn't like proposals?" He says looking confused.

I roll my eyes "Just because I didn't like mine doesn't mean I don't like everyone else's"

He grins "Good. Now when we get down here just stay calm. Don't be frightened. No one will hurt you"

I fold my arms and he frowns as I let go of his hand "That's reassuring" I say.

He shakes his head "I'm sure you'll be fine"

I roll my eyes again and genuinely fear that they may roll out my skull one day. I link my arm in his again and we reach the top of the stairs. It's now that I realise quiet how many people were attending this event.

Everyone was impeccably dressed and obviously extremely rich. I scan the crowd for Viktor or Oliver but I don't see anyone I know. We start walking down and I see Lisa offering drinks to a man.

I want to talk to her but Artir keeps a firm grip on my arm. "Tell me if you recognise anyone" he whispers in my ear.

I look around to see what he might mean before spotting him. Billy. And he's already drunk. "Him" I say pointing over to him.

Artie frowns "Let's keep you away from familiar faces okay? Just for tonight" I nod and don't ask another question even though I'm dying to. "Here he comes" Artie chuckles.

He spins us around to face the stairs and I see Viktor standing at the top. His black hair is slicked back as usual and his mouth is firm. Silence falls and I am slightly confused as to why everyone practically kisses the nineteen-year-old's thousand pounds shoes.

He walks down and you could hear a pin drop it's only quiet. When his feet touch the floor he looks around. "This ball is to celebrate the birthday of my good friend Oliver and his fiancée. May you have a long and happy marriage. Parabéns meu irmão"

A cheer goes around and the chatter begins once more. The happy couple appears at the top of the stairs. Oliver looks marvellous and the girl next to him is nothing short of stunning. She wears a short white dress and her black pixie cut shows off her emerald eyes.