Nine

I rub my sore wrist again. I have never been in a situation more awkward. Actually. I could debate that.

"Bella?" Artie says. I look up and see everyone staring at me. Were they talking to me? Viktor ended the party early so now we were the only ones left and sat in his office. Oliver's fiancée went home and Katerina went with Elijah and now I was the only female which didn't really bother me.

Viktor pinches the bridge of his nose and closes his eyes "Can you explain what happened?" He asks.

The bitter taste of that drink I had was still in my mouth and I lick my lips. "I was just about to get something to eat and prince charming here came to save me"

Oliver raises his eyebrow "From us?"

I nod "Isaac doesn't like you. He's scared I'll get hurt" I lick my dry lips again and crack my knuckles. "What was that you were serving?" I ask.

"I told you not to take a drink off of anyone" Viktor growls.

My eyes widen "Your father gave me it. I thought it would be okay" I protest. "Now I have a feeling that I was wrong" He let's out a groan and I slouch into the chair "Fuck's sake" I murmer.

The door behind me swings open. "Viktor! What happened?" Elijah's voice calls out.

Viktor stands "What the fuck did you give her?"

Elijah chuckles "I thought we should get to know her a bit better"

"A truth serum!" Viktor roars.

I flinch. "Are those even real?"

"We warned you Bella" Freddie says.

"No. Isaac warned me. You yelled at me for something else" I snap.

"Why do you do this? You don't just fuck things up for yourself. You fuck them up for everyone else too. Look at me. I'm trapped in a mafia house" he folds his arms.

I glare at him "Nobody asked you to come. I'm not some damsel stuck in a tower. I can look after myself"

He snorts "Keep thinking that"

"So. Bella. What happened to you?" Elijah asks.

"Pai" Viktor says. "Pare"

His father turns to look at him. "Por que você está preocupado? Ela tem algo a esconder?"

"Isso não é necessário" He says. "Por que você está realmente fazendo isso? É por causa do arquivo? Você tem algo a ver com isso?"

Elijah looks back to me and I am extremely confused and didn't understand a word of what is said. "I think speaking in English is only polite while we have guests" he smiles "So. What's your story?" I am slightly puzzled and continue to stare "Let me make it a bit simpler. When did you first kill?"

My eyes widen but I find my tongue moving on it's own accord. "It was just after the others left. They took me and Isaac away into a room and handed me a gun. They told me to shoot him or they'd do the same thing they did to Elliott on him. I picked up the gun and fired. It all happened so fast. One minute I was just grieving in our room and the next there was a man dead on the floor, a gun in my hand and Issac pulling me away"

Even Freddie went quiet. I knew he remembered that day as it was him I had went to for comfort.

"Your friends. Do they have any skills? Any talents from before you were kidnapped?" He asks. Again, words start coming from my mouth before I can stop them.

"Angie was a ballerina before. Rob used to do kickboxing and he's an amazing hacker. Angie was pretty good at picking locks before she got pregnant. Gus is fantastic with a gun and Rose can hit a target with a knife from quite a distance. She speaks French, Gus speaks Spanish both fluently. Isaac can draw and paint. He plays the piano and Gus plays the guitar. We always say that we're going to start a band with Angie on violin, Rose singing, Gus on the guitar and Isaac on the keyboard. I was the black sheep. I don't have any special talents. Nothing makes me stand out" I sigh. I had never really thought about that.

Viktor stares at me for a second "You were incredibly smart in school. That made you stand out"

I frown and begin to play with the folds of my dress "Yeah. I guess. It's just when that's all someone can say about you it becomes quite sad. You feel like you have to stay that way or you'll fade into the background"

"You're the bravest person I've ever met. That's got to count for something" Freddie mutters. I smile faintly. "So can I go now?"

Viktor looks at me "You decide. What should happen to him?"

"Send him home. Safe" I say. "When will this wear off? I really don't like having to tell the truth. Half my life is based on lies"

Elijah laughs "Give it an hour or two and you'll be fine"

I nod "Can I go change? This dress is not comfortable and is making me overheat"

Artie chuckles "Go. We'll sort this"

I smile and walk over to the door. As I reach for the handle, the door swings forward and hits me in the face. I fall back and clutch my nose that's now bleeding. My wedges catch on the rug and I fall onto the ground.

Almost immediately there's someone pulling me off the ground. "Shit" he curses. I haven't heard him before and look at his face. Holy fucking shit. This guy was gorgeous. His sandy coloured hair and ocean blue eyes were the definition of beauty. His chiseled features and faint stubble that lead down to tattoos curling up his neck and disappearing beneath a black shirt.

I stare at him and am very aware of my gaping mouth. "Words" I say.

The man chuckles and chills go down my spine. "Alexander" he holds his hand out to me "What's your name?"

I take it "Bella. Bella Eden" I say quietly.

"Beautiful paradise" he whispers "It's perfect"

"Why are you so perfect?" I ask and trail my fingers over his chin. He takes my hand and kisses the back of it.

"The only perfection in this room is you" he smiles, showing off rows of perfect white teeth.

"Alexander. Let the poor girl go. Elijah gave her a truth serum" Viktor growled.

I turn to look at him. "Night guys! I'm going to bed where I can't embarrass myself further" I wave and walk out of the room.

When I reach my own, I'm asleep as soon as my head touched the pillow. Still wearing my dress and my face still covered in blood.