Twenty One

The address was one of an abandoned church up on a hill. It was the creepiest place in town and had supposed demons lurking in the shadows.

What I was afraid of was much more real.

I walked down the aisle and held my own shaking hands. The note said I must wait so I sit down in one of the pews and wait for nearly two hours.

On a normal occasion I would have left ages ago but now that Sofia's life is on line... it's a completely different story.

The doors swing open and hit the walls with a crash. I flinch and don't turn around. Maybe it's just some kids who want to see if the rumours are true about this place.

"Princesa" Of course. My luck would not have that.

I close my eyes for a second to regain my composure before I stand to face my 'owner'. The thought of being owned terrified me. What did that entail? What would I have to do? Another question lurked at the back of my brain.

Was I really willing to give everything up?

Yes. For Sofia I would do anything. She's family.

I turn and meet the eyes of my new owner and my breath leaves my lungs.

He walks towards me and stops about a foot away. "Just as beautiful as before. But then again. Did I expect anything different?"

I gulp and he smiles "I get why you're nervous. This must be a little terrifying for you"

"You think?" I snap before I can stop myself.

He stops and his smile fades "Rule #1. Respect me at all times. That means no talking back, no questioning me. I am always right"

I reluctantly nod and his smile appears again. "Good. Rule #2. You will wear this at all times. No exceptions" I look down and see a silver necklace chain with a diamond ring on it. He gestures for me to turn around and I do so. I even allow him to clasp it around my neck.

He sighs as I turn to face him. "So what the fuck do I do now?" I ask.

He scowls at me once more. "Rule #3. No swearing. It isn't proper. Rule #4. You obey me at all times. Rule #5. You always answer your phone, text or phone call. It must always be on as well"

I nod and try to remember every rule. It doesn't matter I'll forget anyway. "Rule #6. Don't tell anyone about this" he says "Breaking of any of these rules will result in a punishment"

I nod "What am I to do. You've told me what not to do, so what have I actually to do?"

He grins "In due time. In due time"

****

Viktor's POV

"You finally decide to show up do you?" Lisa asks before I'm even fully in the door.

I roll my eyes "I had a lot to figure out"

She throws her hands in the air. "You missed a lot. You even missed the announcement"

I raise an eyebrow "Who's?"

She grins "Your father's. He's getting re-married"

I scowl "He's what? To who?"

She shrugs "He didn't tell us a name. It will be before you're wedding however. In the next week or so actually"

I groan "That man never ceases to amaze me"

Lisa chuckles "I've made dinner. Come eat with us"

****

I sit in my office and stare at pictures of her. I think I'm becoming obsessed. Never have I felt this way about anyone. Ever.

But the damaged girl who took a swing at me confused me. She interested me. I wanted to know her story. Know her past.

And now I wanted to be her future.

I close the laptop and let out a groan.

I had to face facts. I am going to marry Katerina. She will marry some dipshit from her town. I'll never see her again. I can deal with that.

Can I?

I shake the thoughts from my head. She was plaguing my every second. Minha princesa, minha garota.

"Fuuuuuck" I groan. This can't be healthy. It isn't normal to want something so bad.

I couldn't bring her into my life. She would only get hurt. No, she's safe where she is. Away from me. Away from trouble.

But those gifts...

Who sent them and why? Who killed her buyer? So many questions.

The main one being this. Why princesa? Why the nickname that I used? Why use me as a trap?

I hear three loud knocks on the door and know straight away who it is. "Father" I say and the door opens.

"I wanted to tell you myself but I got a bit excited" He grins "I wasn't actually going to tell anyone about it until after the wedding"

I raise an eyebrow as he slumps down in the chair in front of me "Who is the unlucky bitch?" My tone is serious. The one I use when making deals and doing business. But that is what it's like with my father.

He chuckles "You'll meet her later. I came to ask if I could bring her along to your wedding"

I sigh "I want a name first"

He smirks "Will Mrs Guerreiro suffice?"

I roll my eyes "Fine. Why the rush for the wedding. You took longer when you arranged mine"

He groans "I told you before. It's best for everyone"

"Whatever. I don't care. Bring her if you want. I really don't give a shit" I mutter and open the laptop again. With a sigh I close the picture of her.

I should clarify that it isn't a creepy through the window picture. It's her school picture from when she was fourteen. It was the picture they spread around when she went missing. It sounds creepy anyway doesn't it?

He shrugs and gets to his feet "I'll be away for the next few days. Making plans. Getting married. You know, the usual" he chuckles "See you around, son"

I grunt a response and click around to seem like I'm busy. It seems to work as he closes the door behind him as he leaves. I shut down the laptop and stand up.

I need to de-stress. I think I'll go down to the gym and beat the shit out of a punching bag.