Seven

I flex my fingers and stare at the white bandage. It was the the best Artie could do at the moment. "He's going to freak when he sees this" I mutter. Viktor grumbles something under his breath in another language. I frown "What is that? That language?" I ask him.

He stops his pacing around the office and slumps in his chair. "Portuguese" he says.

I smile fondly "Rose speaks French and Gus speaks Spanish. I don't understand either of them. Chris spoke French, he was really close with Rose"

He looks at me. His eyes scan over the entirety of me. He seems to be observing me "You care for them a lot" he states "It's nice"

I grin "Nice? I've not been away from them in two years. We're bound to be close"

He smiles "How long can you bear to be away from them?"

I sigh "They're angry at me at the moment. They don't like me putting myself in danger. I'm the youngest you see. Only by a few days but they call me their baby sister. Angie is the big sister, Rose is the little sister and I'm the baby sister. It's the same for the boys. Big brother Rob, little brother Gus and baby brother Isaac. We're like a really weird family. We all rely on each other"

I bite my lip. I'd fucked up. Again. Not even Isaac was on my side this time. I stare at the ground and play with my fingers. "I have brothers like you. They're not my real brothers but I grew up with them. You've met two of them" he smiles at me. A real genuine smile.

"Artie and Oliver?" I ask. They're the only two other people I've spoken to other than Lisa. There's that girl Reagan that I haven't seen either.

He nods "And Alexander but you'll meet him soon. If you mind I need you for a bit longer than usual. There's a ball tomorrow night that I need you to attend and be Artie's date"

I shrug "Sure. Everyone's already pissed at me. I doubt they'll care if I'm away for longer"

He grins "Perfect. I'll have Lisa arrange you a dress and then we'll be good to go. It's tomorrow night so you should be home the next day. That okay with you?"

I felt my heart stop. Those four words meant so much to me. That okay with you? Most people don't care what I want. That or they were so caught up in keeping me out of trouble that they didn't ask.

He noticed my freeze and he frowned. A smile grows on my face and I nod "That's perfect"

****

"Eat" Viktor growls for the third time.

I roll my eyes "I can't. I've stuffed myself full"

He puts another slice of pizza on my plate and I start to feel queasy at the thought of eating more. I shake my head and he groans. "It's just a slice of pizza"

"I've eaten six!" I protest. I feel completely full and I might burst if I even try to pick up the pizza.

"Viktor. She's only small. She can't eat as much as us" Artie tries.

"Did I ask for your input!" Viktor roars. I sit back in the chair and fold my arms.

Artie does the same but places his arms on the table in front of him. "Princesa. Please. Eat the slice of pizza" Viktor relaxes and his eyes hold actual emotion. It's almost as if he cares for me.

I sigh "If I explode, it's on you and you'll have three very angry brothers on your doorstep" I smile. Rob, Gus and Isaac would do anything for me. They really were like the overprotective brothers I never had.

I practically force the pizza down my throat and I can see Viktor relaxing with each bite. It pleases me for some reason to know that I made him happy. A hint of a smile on on his face and even Artie notices.

When Viktor leaves the table without a word, Artie looks over at me. "That was the closest to happy I've seen him in a long time" He grins. I think back to the time we spent together. How he smiled and seemed to enjoy it. I smile awkwardly and excuse myself.

I walk into the room that I had found myself in when I first arrived here. I flopped down on the bed and noticed that there was a three doors in the room. Three.

One lead to the corridor. One lead to an en-suite but the third one has me puzzled. I push up off the bed and walk over slowly. I pull the door open and am met by one of the most beautiful sights.

A walk in wardrobe. It's bigger than my bedroom back at home. The bedroom I grew up in. It's so big that a table sits in the middle. A bouquet of beautiful flowers in a case sits on top and a small white sheet of paper.

I pick it up and smile.

They're all in your size. I had Reagan buy you whatever you may need but if you need anything else you know where I am.

Boa noite minha princesa

I don't know what the last line reads but I recognise the term of endearment. My fingers trace the words and I stare at the brightly coloured flowers. They really are beautiful.

The clothes around me catch my attention and I start to laugh. I haven't been treated this well in a while and I sure as hell could get used to it.