Vacation time

Friday came really soon, and I haven't talked to my dad since Sunday. I've been spending these summer days with my friends and we started doing some of the things we had planned to do. I got out of bed and took a shower, putting on some clothes afterwards.

I started packing for this stupid vacation, and I don't even know who these people are. I'm supposed to spend my summer with them, and what if they're weird? I put clothes, shoes, my charger, bathing suits, and tanning cream in my purple duffel bag. I went and got my handbag, putting my phone, earbuds, sunglasses and my car keys in there. I got my duffle bag and handbag and put them in my car; I went back inside and I heard my dad call my name, but I choose to ignore him.

He yelled out my name, yet I still ignore him. I went upstairs to my room, shutting the door in the process.

I heard a knock on the front of my door.

"Open the door, Abby."

I opened the door reluctantly, and I'm met with my father's irritated face.

"Look, Abby. You're going on the vacation with us, got it? Now I don't want you acting like this in front of my friends. Understood?"

I give him a fake smile. "Ok, whatever. Can I go in my car now?"

"Fine, go ahead."

I start to close my door when I hear my dad say one last thing. "Oh, and I invited your boyfriend David to come with us, so he'll be there."

"What?! He's not my boyfriend! Please dad, he can't come with us, it'll just ruin my summer even more!"

My dad started to look incredibly angry. "I don't know what's going on with you, but you need to change your attitude. David is going whether you like it or not. I've already talked to his parents about it. It's too late."

"I hate you!" I slammed the door to his face and threw myself on my bed, thinking about how awful this summer vacation would be.

*******later that day********

It was time to go and I went to go in my car, finding David there as well. He'd come to my car because... well I don't know what excuse he gave my dad.

The ride to the vacation house was really long and awkward. It could have something to do with the fact that I kinda still like him.

That's not important though.

On the way to the vacation house, David started trying to have a conversation with me, but of course I ignored him. After a while, he finally gave up and it was silent all the way to the resort. When we finally got there, David got out and took his bags out and I took mine out as well.

We saw that my parents and brother were already inside when we walked in.

My parents were talking with the people that had invited us, so we introduced ourselves. The lady's name was Michelle and the guy's was Jonathan.

After we introduced ourselves, Michelle showed me my room.

"We're glad to have you here, Abby. For the time being, my house is yours. If you need anything, tell me or the maids working here. You can put your clothes in the dresser."

"Thanks."

I took my stuff out and put my clothes in the drawers and put everything else away.

I look around, surveying my surroundings. I have to say, this room is gorgeous. It has a huge bathroom with a Jacuzzi in it, and a huge bed. I realized it was sort of like my room at home but a little smaller.

I heard someone knock on my door and I go to open it.

I see David standing in front of me, and I'm unable to cover the shock on my face.

He smiles at me, and starts talking before I get a word in."I'm sorry for everything I caused. I really am...I was just mad. I don't care if you don't want to date me, but can we at least be friends. At least just for the summer? Please?"

I smiled bitterly back at him. "Sure." I say through gritted teeth. "Just don't ruin my summer more than you've already had."

He looked confused, and started saying something, before I can talk. Again.

"Are you serious? This resort is amazing! There's a beautiful lake here, and if you walk through the woods, they have a indoor basketball court. How can your summer be ruined? Maybe it's not what you wanted to do, but don't act all bitchy about it. Just have fun and enjoy it. Come on, lighten up." He says with another smile.

I smiled genuinely this time, despite my instinct not to.

"Fine, let's go have some fun. Let me put on my bathing suit.

He nodded. "Yeah, I'm going to put mine on too."

I went and got my pink bathing suit and put it on. I grabbed my flip flops and I go downstairs as I fix my bun.

"Are you going to the beach or the lake?" I turn around to see Michelle standing there with a smile.

"Oh, I'm going to the lake.

"Well, have fun and be careful honey."

I say goodbye, realizing that Michelle is actually pretty nice.

David came downstairs, and we started walking to the lake. On our way, David saw a huge bug and grabbed it, chasing me around with it.

Since I'm a dumb ass, I looked back and checked to see how far away he was from me.

I hate, I mean despise bugs.

I kept on looking back and next thing I know I fall in the water. David helped me get out , cracking up with laughter in the process.

I rolled my eyes. "You wanna know what's funnier than me falling in the water?"

"What?"

With no previous warning, I push him in the water. "You falling in the water."

I started laughing as he scrambled out of the water. I ran back to the house, going up to my room. I took a shower, and afterwards I put on black shorts and a red shirt.

I let my hair out, shaking all the water out. I was putting my red toms on when I heard something scratching at my door. I opened it slowly, the cutest tiny golden retriever staring at me. Figuring it was Michelle's, I picked him up and started playing with him when I heard someone call out a name

"Buddy?!"

I guess that's the puppy's name, I thought.

The puppy ran to me as I stood up, so I picked him up. He tried hiding in my arms and I giggled.

"Buddy?!"

A guy suddenly appeared in my doorway, and I basically passed out from disgust when I saw who it was.

"Logan?"

"Abby, you're one of my dad's guests?"

"Wait, your dad?!"

"Yeah, my dad."

"Well, I guess we're spending the whole summer together."

"I guess we are."

His eyes go to my arms, where Buddy fell asleep.

"You found buddy?"

"Actually, he found me."

Logan chuckles. "I'm guessing he likes you. Then again, I mean, who could blame him?"

I raise my eyebrow at him, amused. "Are you flirting with me?"

"Maybe. I have to go, can I have my dog back?"

"Hm. Still a jerk." I gave buddy a kiss and gave him to Logan.

"And you're still a brat." And just like that, he left.