Untitled Part 2

Voight sat in the waiting room holding a cup of coffee in his hands, it's only been a half hour since Jordan was taken to surgery. He prayed that she would make it he was still mourning the loss of Justin, it's been only a few months since he passed. He and Jordan were still tore up about it but they hid it from everyone. Where did the day go wrong? It started out like a normal day.

*Earlier that day*

Voight was in the kitchen making a pot of coffee just when coming down the stairs was Jordan, she had just turned 15 a few weeks ago. Jordan was Hank's pride and joy, she has always been daddy's little girl from the moment she was born.

"Morning dad". Jordan said.

"Morning sweetheart". He relied.

"Dad could I borrow like $5 bucks for lunch".

"Sure".

He then pulled his wallet out and gave her the five dollar bill, the coffee pot then beeped so Voight took two coffee cups and poured the hot liquid in the two cups.

"So what's the plan today?" He asked as he sipped his coffee.

"I got basketball practice after school then I was gonna come to the district if that was ok".

"That's fine with me".

The teen then quickly grabbed an apple as she finished her coffee, she quickly wiped her mouth of the little bit of the liquid from her lip she then kissed her father's cheek and he returned it with a kiss to her head.

"I love you dad".

"I love you too kiddo, have a good day".

She then ran out of the house just as he finished his coffee.

*Reality*

Voight hopes those weren't the last words they said to each other.

Meanwhile

Jay and Erin were driving to the fire station in silence, Erin was trying hard not to break down she cared for Jordan as if she were a sister to her.

"She'll be ok Erin, this is Jordan were talking about if she's anything like Voight she's a fighter". Jay said.

"Who would do this? Jordan's a good kid, never got in any trouble, a straight A student, basketball player". She replied.

"I can probably guess that the suspect list is gonna be long, it could be anyone who we put away, anyone who Voight put away".

"He's gonna get whoever did this".

"I wouldn't doubt that for a minute".

After a couple of minutes they have finally arrived to the fire station just as everyone was outside doing drills. Casey had seen the SUV pull up just as everyone else did, the two partners had gotten out of the car and was approaching the unit.

"Hey everything ok? How's Jordan?" Severide asked.

"She's still in surgery". Erin answered.

"We need to talk to Brett and Borelli". Jay said coming in.

"They're doing inventory but I'll get them". Matt said.

"Thanks Matt".

When he had left to get the two paramedics everyone had stayed quiet till Otis spoke up.

"Do you know what happened?" Otis asked.

"All we know is that Jordan was shot in the abdomen, she lost some blood". Erin answered.