Untitled Part 8

Kevin and Jay were across from Josh who was still nursing a black eye, Voight and Erin were watching from behind the glass.

"So Josh you have one nasty temper". Jay said looking at the file.

"Yeah so what". Josh replied.

"You thought that you were gonna stroll into town get Jordan and leave, I mean after all you did threaten to take her didn't you". Kevin said.

"Yes I did say that I just don't trust Voight".

"Why's that".

Josh scoffed. "Your kidding right, he's a cop and cops make enemies all the time and I blame him for what happen to Jordan. The only thing I want to do is to take care of my niece and to make sure she's safe at all times, not running around here with a target on her because of him".

"He didn't pull the trigger that shot Jordan". Jay said.

"He might as well have".

"Why do you have so much hate towards Voight?"

"Back when my sister was alive the two had a relationship, I knew from the minute he came around he was bad news I warned Anna all the time that he was bad news but she never listened to me. After a few weeks they slept together she finds out she's pregnant with his child she wanted to stay with him, 9 months later she has Jordan I was ecstatic. Then when Jordan was only 5 months old Anna died and he gets custody, I made a vow that when my sister died I would do everything in my power to protect my niece even if it means taking her from that son of a bitch".

Voight and Erin were still watching from the window when she had spoken up, "Do you think he had something to do with the shooting?"

"I don't know he didn't get in town till after 6 so it could have been someone he has keeping eyes on Jo and I'm about to find out".

Just as he left the room going into the interrogation room he was stopped by Antonio.

"Hey Roman just called Jordan wants you".

"Alright see what Josh will say about the people he has watching Jordan, I'm going back to the hospital".

"Laura and the kids are on the way to see her, I didn't say anything but that she's in the hospital".

"Hank you don't think that whoever this is will go after anybody else, whoever this is got Jo do you think this could be personal or could this be an attack on the whole team. They could go after Antonio's family, Jay's brother, anybody". Erin speaks up.

"Until we know absolutely for sure everybody's family goes into protective custody as of now".

"Done".

"I'll be back".

He then left the District and just as he was going down the stairs Trudy had quickly stopped him.

"Hey Hank". She calls out.

"Yeah". He replied.

"Mind if I ride with you to check on Jordan?"

"Sure".

The older woman quickly grabbed her belonging and headed out with Voight, during the drive to the hospital the ride was silent when Voight spoke.

"I remember when Jo was just a little girl, when I worked nights she always gave Justin a hard time about going to bed until she either heard me or saw me so he would call me and I talk to her then to help him out I would leave my jacket so that way Jo would be able to sleep at night it helped her knowing I'd come home to her and Justin. The second she woke up every morning she came right into my arms and I told her all the time I'm home, I'd always come home to my little girl".