Untitled Part 3

Jordan laid in her father's embrace as she slowly fell asleep, her grip on her father's shirt was starting to loosen till it was out of her grip. Voight looked down at his little girl who had fallen back asleep so he gently laid her back into the bed and put the blanket over her. Just then there was a soft knock at the door so Voight went to open it to see Mouse, Olinsky, Ruzek, Jay, and Erin.

"How is she?" Erin asked, concerned for her sister.

"She'll be alright, Jordan's gonna make a full recovery". Voight answered.

"That's good to hear". Onlinsky says.

"What'd you find out?"

"She went to a convenience store after she left the school, then just as she left the store that's when she was shot". Jay explained.

"Any witnesses?"

"None, when Brett and Borelli picked her up they said whoever called it in left before they got there". Erin continued.

"Mouse anything from her phone".

"There were no incoming or outgoing calls, she sent two text but that was it". Mouse answered.

"I got the first text who was the second one too?"

"Someone named Derek".

"Antonio and Atwater are already on it". Olinsky said.

"I need some air".

Voight then left the team going outside leaving the team standing there, Erin decided to go after him.

"Hank, Hank". Erin called after the older man.

"What Erin?" He replies.

"You need to calm down and think about what you do before you do something you'll regret later".

"Trust me when I say this Erin I'm not gonna regret doing anything to the son of a bitch who did this to Jo".

"You need to think about Jordan and how she's gonna feel when or if you do something".

"All I'm thinking about right now is the fact that my daughter is laying in a hospital bed recovering from a gunshot. This was a personal attack on me and I'm not taking this lightly".

Before the brunet could reply Commander Crowley came up to the pair.

"Commander Crowley, what can I do for you?" Voight asked.

"I just heard about Jordan, how is she?"

"She's ok Dr. Rhodes said she'll make a full recovery".

"That's good to hear". She then sighed sadly. "Hank I wish I were here on better terms".

"What are you saying?"

"I'm sorry Voight but I'm taking you and your team off this case. You all are too personally involved".

"You're not taking me off this case".

"It's been done I didn't have a choice".

"I'm working this and I don't care what anyone says I'll take the heat later".

"I can't let you do that".

"Watch me".

Chicago Central High School

Antonio and Kevin have arrived to the high school and entered the front doors, they went straight to the office where they were met by the secretary.

"Hi can I help you".

"Yes ma'am, Chicago PD we were wondering if you had a student named Derek". Antonio says.

"What is this regarding".