Chap 19; A New Miraculous

Nino's POV

I jumped into my bedroom window and hit the floor the exact same time a detransform.

Wayzz lands on my bed and lays down.

"It's been a long time since I transformed anyone, I forgot how tiring it is." He says.

"Chill here while I get some food." I say opening my bedroom door.

"Some nuts please." Wayzz says as I close the door.

I walk down stairs and turn the corner to go to the kitchen but before I know
it arms are wrapped around me and I'm stuck in a hug.

My mom is wearing a worn out navy blue shirt and jeans, she has her signature white apron that she always wears when she cooks, and a wooden spoon in her hands.

I notice that the spoon is still soaked with soup because I can feel it dripping on the back of my shirt.

"Oh Nino I was so worried about you. I saw the news and saw that the school got attacked! Your father is on his way over there. He was going to pick you up!" She said still locked in our hug.

Finally she let go and held me at arms length to see if I got hurt.

She let out a sigh of relief when she didn't see any.

Then suspicion was in her eyes.

"How did you get inside, I didn't here the front door open?" She said with an eyebrow raised.

"Oh Um J- Jade Turtle saved me and, um, carried me to my bedroom window and dropped me off in my room." I stuttered trying to sound convincing.

She looked at me for half a second and attacked me with another hug.

"Oh what a hero! We are lucky to have him and Volpina saving Paris now." She said happily. She released me and went back to the kitchen to mix the soup in the giant pot on the stove.

"Would you like anything to eat while I make the soup dear?" She asks.

"Actually some nuts sounds good."I say remembering Wayzz's request.

"Oh I bought some earlier, there in that bag over there." Said pointing to a brown bag on the counter.

I look inside and see a small container of walnuts.

"Thanks mom!" I call out going back up the stairs.

I close my bedroom door and lock it just in case my mom comes in.

I walk over to my bed and open the container.

"Here you go little dude" I said setting down the walnuts.

Wayzz dives into the container and comes out with a walnut in his mouth and one in his hand.

"You should probably pick up the past little dude Jade is meeting Volpina in 4 minutes." I say taking a glance at my watch.

"Okay my energy is recharged, I am prepared to transform you now." He said giving me a nod.

"K, Wayzz transform me!" I yell.

...........

I fly to me and Volpina's meeting place and see her pacing on top of a building.

I land next to her and hold my shell. I'm about to say hey but she grabs my arm and jumps off the building.

I quickly put my shell beneath me and soar next to her, with her still gripping my arm.