Chap 22; The Stripped Hero

Jade' s POV

I flew along side volpina to the a shabby motel in search for the red head that will soon be apart of our team.

When we arrive outside the motel we see Sabrina and Chloe walking towards it. Sabrina isn't looking where she's going since she is on her phone typing away.

We watch the pair from a roof top while they walk towards a busy road with Sabrina still not looking where she was going. She was walking towards the dangerous road unknowingly and as soon as she took 2 steps on that street she was about to get hit by a delivery truck. Chloe did the unexpected and quickly saved her by yanking her arm back towards the sidewalk, all before volpina or I could do anything.

"Woah, who knew Chloe had it in her to save someone but herself." Volpina says looking down in disbelief. 

I look to see Sabrina hugging Chloe, and Chloe trying to hold back a smile but failing. After a while she hesitantly held her arms up to hug her back.

Volpina and I share a look and silently decide to change the original plan and give the miraculous to Chloe. We wait until Chloe came back from walking Sabrina home and waits until she's alone in her room. With a nod we fly towrds her small balcony and knock on the glass door.

Chloe looked over and even though I couldn't hear anything I could tell she let out a loud squeal. She ran to the door and opened it for us.

Chloe's POV

The two new hero's are in front of me right now!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are so amazing! Ladybug and Cat Noir are like the toughest people I know and these two are in the process of defeating evilized ladybug and Cat Noir!

"Hey girl how about we take a seat?" volpina asked me, which I was confused by beacause she sounded so serious. I looked around at the small room we were staying in temporarily since the hotel got destroyed along with most of our money and took a seat on my small twin bed. They took a seat on the bed opposite of me which daddy slept on, he's not here now because he's helping out in the kitchen so we can pay for the room. I wanted to help but he refused and said I should just stay in here.

Jade Turtle took a deep breath, "listen dudette I'm sure you know by now that we're trying to de akumatize Dark Bug and Chat Blanc but we decided that we can't do it alone, no matter how hard we try."

"Yeh that's right, Jade and I decided that the person for this job should be you." volpina finished smiling slightly looking at me hopefully.

My mouth dropes I look over at Jade Turtle and he has the same look on his face as his partner. I look back at volpina and she has her hand held out, I look down at it and see that she has a box with red detailing on it.  I slowly hold my hand out to grab it but take my hand back and hold it against my side.

"I-I can't be a hero, I can't even be nice to my best friend let alone a whole city, heros like you guys, Ladybug, and Chat Noir aren't like me, you guys are nice, caring, and brave. All I am is a spoild brat afraid of her own shadow.

"That may be true now but for the past few days we've been noticing how well behaived and nice you've been and we know that you can do amazing things if you let yourself." Jade Turtle says.

"Wow I've never heard you say anything so wise before J.T. or even say a sentence without the word dude or bro in it." volpina says looking surprise at first but then cracking a smile.

"Yeh that's scary I didnt even know where that came from! I think it might be my kwamii showing through because he's like super wise." he said chuckling and rubbing the back of his neck.

I couldn't help it and I giggled a little before looking back at the box. I wouldn't mind being on a team with them, and it would mean I would help save Ladybug and Chat Noir, and if Volpina was right and I am changing then mabey if i accept this job it can help me completely change and be nice person.

At the thought of that I smile and take the box out of Volpina's hand and open it. There was a blinding yellow light so I closed my eyes and I drop the box onto the bed. When I opened them I saw a large mutant bee staring at me and I had my mouth open ready to scream but before I could Jade Turtle had his hand over my mouth, pretty fast for a turtle.

"Shhhhh the walls are proably thin here so everyone would hear you and come to see what's wrong." He said frantically. I nod and he lets go of my mouth.

I take a deep breath and look over at the giant bee. "Hello my name is pollen and I'm your kwamii!" it says happily. I open my mouth again to scream but this time volpina holds a hand to mouth to stop me. I mutter sorry against her hand and she nods and let's go.

"Hi pollen-n I'm C-Chloe." I stutter. "Don't worry Chloe I won't bite...... or sting."she giggles. I laugh slightly at how adorable She is and all my worries are flushed away when Volpina and Jade Turtle join in.

"Ok we'll give you some time to get to know your kwamii better and figure out your powers. We'll meet you at our meeting spot, the Eiffel tower, tomorrow at 7 o clock sharp" Volpina says walking with Jade to the balcony.

When they leave I look over to my kwamii and smile a genuine smile for the first time in years.

Best. Day. Ever!!!