26

Carter's Pov.

Someone screaming my name in the distance, I'm running, sprinting even. I can't out run them. He's chasing me trying to reach me but missing me by an inch every time. I look back constantly and keep running as I run out of breath each pump of my legs. Each pump I slow down and he catches up each pump of his legs. Almost out running me. I screamed as loud as I could. Nobody  seeming to hear me. I scream again, and again and again. At this point I've lost my voice and a few drops of air still in my lungs. He reaches out for me and successfully pulls me back to where he is standing. He stabs me. 

"Goodbye you ungrateful son of a bitch." He yells before I fade into nothing. 

I wake up about to scream. I am hyperventilating and sweat is dripping down my forehead and I'm still in shock panic and everything else. I can't believe how real it felt. I can't fall back asleep after it. I curled up into Matt's warm arms and cried. It felt so real and he was so close and his huge hands trying to harm me once again. Matt woke up minutes later, I pretended to sleep. He looked at me and he stayed like that for awhile and he finally put his head back of his pillow and fell back asleep. I tried falling back asleep but each time I closed my eyes all I could see was the dark eyes of my Father. I finally got up and went out to the kitchen and got some milk and heard someone knock on the door. I went to look and I saw him. I fell to the ground as the door finally opened to reveal my Father. I was on the floor shaking and curling up into a ball hoping this was all apart of some crazy dream. I was shaking in fear of what might happen. He got into my face and carried me to the couch and cradled me crying and whispering my name.

"Carter, please wake up. It's Jack." he whispered cried and I wrapped around him and cried. It felt so real. He beat me and me beat me again and again. He finally looked me in the eye and a worried Matt came running into the room with Basketball shorts and shirtless. He came rushing to our side and he looked at me and back at JJ. He didn't know what was happening I had to explain. I slowly got up with JJ's support on my lower back.

"H-h-h-h-he b-b-b-b-beat m-m-m-m-me" I stammered out and they look at me with concern and I wanted to crawl into a ball once more. JJ looked confused and then he remembered. Matt looked at me to JJ multiple times with clenched fists. 

"I'm so sorry it happened to you, Carter it should have been me." JJ mumbled and I looked taken back. How could he say that after the success he's gotten to in his life. He's a vine and he has friends that support everything he does and I have Matt. He doesn't have a bad life unlike mine. In this case I'm the bad twin and he's the good one.

"Don't say that. You don't know the hell that man has put me through and if you had a brain you'd know not to wish that for  yourself." I cried and kinda of yelled quietly so it was more like me talking. He knows how emotional I get bout this stuff. Matt shakes his head and wanders back into my room.