The Midwife (Modern AU)

"Cerise chase just went to o a pick my brother up from the airport, can you just watch him while I have a shower" darling asked "yes yes, I have to give him a check up anyway, go right ahead" I said.

"There's my little prince, oh you are defiantly awake aren't you" I cooed the small infant in the small incubator, see this was the first baby that I helped deliver and unfornatly the baby was born three weeks early, he is really healthy but I still have to make checkups every few hours.

"Arnt you just the sweetest little thing" I cooed. I have always wanted a child and I guess that's why I got into midwifery, the only thing is that the planet seems to lack men who aren't rude assholes who only want to get in your pants.

I met Darling and chase in the spring time about 4 months back, darling was ecstatic to meet me. Me and her had become pretty close basically we were best friends and we had promised to keep contact after all of this.

'Thump Bump, Thump Bump, Thump Bump' I heard his little heart racing because he was kicking and waving his arms around "ahh your heart beat is going very fast for such a little one" I said in a soft voice, not that it really mattered to him about noise because he liked his fathers ringtone of 21 pilots.

I continued making the checkups when "oh hey cerise, is she in the shower" I heard chase ask "yeah I though I might give her a moment to herself in the shower" i said "oh thank you she has been stressed out, oh shit this is daring, darlings older brother" chase said,

I turned around to see a man that was like, extremely attractive, chiseled face, these purple grey eyes, blonde hair and to make it better he wasn't a short ass like every other guy I had ever met and he was wearing a suit and tie, god send me help.

"Hey lovely to meet you" I smiled at the man "nice to meet you too" I said with a smile when I shook his hand, I swear I felt electricity run through my veins when he touched me.

"So how's my little solider doing" chase asked "well I tell you, his heart certainly beats fast" I said with a smile "can I see him" daring asked, I stood up and I saw his eyes brighten up where saw his nephew.

2 days later

I decided to go and check up on Alex, I walked in to see daring sitting there it's a white shirt on and pair of jeans, basically he hasn't left the hospital since he got here.

"Is he sleeping" I asked, he looked up at me and smiled "yeah he just fell asleep" daring said "ohh well I will come back later then" daring smiled and I left.

1 week later

"Oh my gosh, I'm going to miss seeing you everyday cerise" darling said when she hugged me, today the were being discharged from hospital "I'm going to miss it too, you guys have really grown on me" I said.

"Bye my fav midwife, hope you will come over and watch the game with us" said chase as he picked me up and hugged me "we will have to see, I will be assigned a new couple soon and I will be busy, but I will try to fit it in" I said.

1 year later.

"Happy birthday Alex"  I ran over to the now 1 year old boy, I picked him up and hugged him. I had been spending heaps of time with Darling, Chase and Alex, I hadn't seen daring since they left the hospital.

He giggled, yes he was a giggle pot but u was puttty in his hands. Sure he didn't have any actual friends yet but there was a few other moms and family all there for his special day.

"Happy birthday Nephew" I turned to see daring in a white shirt with a pair of jeans, Jesus he looked like a Greek god with facial hair.

I handed Alex over to daring and walked away.

AFTER THE PARTY

I was packing plates and cups because well darling was pregnant yet again and she was getting really bad back pains, I piled up the plates and went to lift them when "need help" I turned to see daring.

"Uhh yeah, please" I said, he took half of the plates and put them into the sink in the kitchen, I did the same.

"So hey, I was wondering if maybe you would wanna go out sometime" he asked, holy shit he just asked you out, well answer him don't look like a dick head "uhh sure, I guess, wait don't you live in New York" I asked.

"Well I did, but they moved the corporate office here" he said "so you live here now" I asked "well yeah, it will be offical on Monday" he said, I smiled "sure whe...." I was cut off by his lips crashing onto mine.

His lips were as soft as I knew they would be, I immediately reacted by wrapping my arms around his neck, he pulled away "sorry, I have been waiting to do that since I met you in the hospital" he said "no it's fine" I said, he smiled and walked out of the kitchen.

The end is only the beginning

Stay excellent
Xx Lyssa