Watching Your World Fall Apart

I watched as you were sitting at your window cill opening the letter that would soon reveal your terrible fate

The letter that would soon be one of the worst things that I would ever see, the test results of what had been infecting your body and just how far it had gotten.

I watched as you burst into tears, that was one of the worst things that I have ever seen in my short 17 years of life.

I watched the strongest girl that I have ever known fall to pieces, in that moment all I wanted to do was run over to you and comfort you but I know that you didn't want me you wanted him.

But he was not coming me and you both knew this, the boy that you had spoken so highly had broken up with you last week because you told him what had happened.

It was a month ago when you called me up crying your heart out telling me that you were in so much pain that it was almost unbearable.

I got up and we went to the hospital to get it checked out, we finally found out what was wrong with you.
You had been diagnosed with Glioblastoma, a very cancerous Tumor on the lining of your brain.

You had been complaining of terrible headaches for weeks but I just thought it was you being Cerise, that night was the last time that we had spoken.

You had pushed me away because you didn't want to hurt more people than you needed to but you didn't realise that you pushing me away was one of the most painful things that I had ever had to endure.

I watched as your world fell apart around you, your parents had been arguing quite a lot in the past month mainly about money.

All I wanted to do was come over and be there with you to tell you that everything was going to be ok, that you were going to get through this and that all of this would go away.

But it wasn't, things were only going to get harder and I knew that I couldn't do anything because I'm still just a stupid teenager making reckless decisions every night.

And yet there you were in the confines of your room crying your heart out, watching you fall apart and all I could do was watch.