Christmas Miracle

A/N
Yes I'm aware that it's not Christmas but I found this from ages ago and I actually really like it, PS it's pretty long.....

✨ Cerise ✨
Two years, it's been two years since my douche bag ex fiancé left me at the alter, two years since I have had a mans attention, two years since i have even had the courage to talk to another man because of what he did to me.

Christmas Eve, a holiday that is celebrated every year, a time of joy and happiness and for me it was the exact opposite.

It was the two year anniversary of when I was left at the alter by my ex fiancé who just got cold feet, the second year that I have stayed at home and watched a marathon of Bridget Jones's Diary and got drunk on my grandmothers special egg nog.

I was currently in my bedroom brushing my hair out of the braids that they had been in all day. I had some last minute Christmas shopping for my mom, dad, sister and of course her husband and three year old daughter.

Yes my little sister had married Reginald in the fall of last year, was it a beautiful wedding.....yeah, and did it hurt to see your baby sister getting married before you absolutely and did I drown myself in wine afterwards yeah.

It was snowing out of course, and I couldn't help but feel slightly jealous that I Cerise Hood who thought she had met the man of her dreams in a coffee shop just a 5 minute walk away from 5th avenue apparent to was sitting in her quite the costly apartment by herself on Christmas Eve and that everyone else in New York City was with the love of there lives, or family soaking up the festivities.

I sighed as I remember the days that lead up to me being left at the alter.

"Cerise I'm not saying that" he yelled "then what are you saying, our wedding is in two days and here you are saying what exactly" I shouted.

"I'm just saying that this big wedding isn't right for either of us or  our relationship" he was now yelling back at me "so why wouldn't you tell me this sooner" I screamed at him.

"You know what cerise just forget it" he yelled as he stomped his way to the front door in our very small apartment.

"And where are you going" I was now crying, he turned around and for a split second I could see the sorrow in his eyes "out" he said quietly and shut the door.

I had lost my Best Friend, my soulmate, the missing piece to my puzzle all because I thought it would be a good idea to have a big wedding when I knew that it was a bad idea.

After binge watching all of the Bridget jones movies I realised that it was still pretty early, I got up and decided to go through my box of things from me and his relationship.

Yes I was mad, scratch that I was furious when he left me at the alter but that doesn't change the fact that I was still in love with the man who broke me.

I went into my room and grabbed the box out from under my bed, I opened the lid and immediately I was welcomed by the smell of his familiar cologne.

Yes there was still a shirt in this box that belonged to him, but he left it and never asked for it back, there was photos, teddy bears, jewellery and even stuff that he bought me that I just couldn't bare to throw away.

I was pulling stuff out of it when I heard a clanking noise, I looked down to see the promise ring that he had got me on our 2 year anniversary.