[29]

"I spy with my little eye, something purple."

Yemi looked around, scanning the room for the color he was suggesting. She twisted her mouth to the side and planted her hands on his chest. "Is it my favorite cup on the counter?"

"Nope," he muttered, smiling and holding her hands in place, "think harder."

"Hm," she bit her lip and kept looking, "uh...that blanket?"

"Mm mm," he shook his head, "it's kinda easy. Ya know, right under your nose."

"Right under my..." she trailed off and puckered her lips, "oh! My lipstick?"

"Yes," Zayn laughed, "very cute colors, by the way."

"Thanks, baby. Okay, um. I spy with my little eye, something brown."

"The big wooden spoon in the kitchen."

"How'd you know?" she deflated.

"Because I know you," he kissed her fingers gently, "and you also do it every time we play. My turn."

"I guess."

"Okay, I spy," he began, "with my little eye, something..."

"Something what?" Yemi urged him.

"Something..." Zayn raised his brows while his tongue swiped over his bottom lip, "something perfect."

"That's easy," she blushed because he was so aggravating, "your face."

"Aw, but no."

"Your nose?"

"No," he chuckled.

"Your hair? Your chest? Your tattoos--"

"Not me, Yem!" he concluded with a grin, "although I am flattered, it's not me."

"Ain't nothing else then--"

"It's you, nincompoop," he thumped her head and sat up a little, "it's you."

"That's cheesy," Yemi wrapped her arms around Zayns shoulders and pulled him upwards, "but I love it."

"Mhm," he kissed her softly, "come closer."

"I am," she groaned, pushing him down so she could lay on top, "there. Rub my back please."

"Alright," his hand spread all over her back, the fingertips pressing into her soft skin, making her hum, "I realized how boring it is with Jah at your mum's and neither of us working right now."

"It is," she agreed with closed eyes, "but you're perfect."

"Sure," he replied in a goofy voice. The doorbell rang and Yemi went to answer. Zayn watched her hips sway and sat up.

"Mami!" Yemi cheered and let her mother, Valentina, inside, "how are you?"

"I'm well, honey," her thick accent sounded in the room, making Zayn smile, "this child refuses to leave."

Yemi laughed. "Jah, come on."

"Baby!" Valentina laughed as Jahdai walked in, a pout on his face, "don't be so sad."

"I wanna spend time with you."

Valentina sat beside Zayn, a bright smile on her face. "Hi, honey, how are you?"

"I'm really good, Tina," he grinned, kissing her cheek, "how are you?"

"I'm great," she pinched his cheek. They met a few weeks ago, actually. Valentina was so warm and inviting, especially since she cooked so much food for them both. She looked just like Yemi, darkskin, and short, she was chunkier and still looked like she was in her early thirties. She was also the cutest woman he'd ever met.