[43]

Zayn swore on everything Yemi was lying.

He was woken up with a camera near his face and his very pregnant girlfriend calmly telling him her water broke. He had smacked his lips and tried to sleep again until Jahdai got up and went to get changed, that boy wasn't taking any chances.

Yemi was good at acting yes, but he didn't expect her to cry when a contraction hit, she had almost fallen because their baby girl was kicking harshly and jolted her body in all sorts of directions.

"Zayn, I'm not fucking kidding, come on!" Yemi put on her slippers and put her things away, going downstairs without him.

Okay, so she was serious.

Good thing the hospital wasn't far, because Yemi was well into her contractions, they were some minutes apart and hurt even worse. It was an easy process getting inside and setting her up, she didn't want any pain medicine and she really wasn't hungry.

Now she was getting ready to push.

"Stopnkicking me, girl," Yemi grimaced, looking down at her swollen belly, "not yet."

"Yemi, you've been ready for the past fifteen minutes," Zayn groaned and sat at the edge of the bed beside her, "what's wrong?"

"I'm not ready."

"Yemi." he gave her a pointed look and waited for her to tell the truth.

She groaned. "What if my baby is ugly?"

"She won't be."

"How do you know that?" she asked with crossed arms, "I also don't wanna lose my boobs but you know that."

"Because look at us!" he gestured between them both, "we're fine as fuck, come on, now."

"Fine people make ugly babies."

"That's true, but that's not us, come on. A lot of babies when they come out aren't the cutest anyway."

Yemi sighed and closed her eyes, mentally preparing for this pain she was going through.

"You're also endangering both you and our baby by holding her in."

"Okay, let's go," she opened her eyes again while Zayn just smiled softly, "I didn't think about that, I'm a terrible mother."

"Shut up," he kissed her lips, "I love you, Yemi."

"I love you more," she rubbed her belly and winced, "when she gets older I'm gonna start kicking her around so she knows how it felt."

"You ain't kicking my baby around," he pursed his lips and raised his bushy brows.

"We'll see."

"She's not that ugly..."

"I told you."

"Lemme see," Jahdai whispered, crawling on the bed and looking at the newborn in Yemi's arms.

Being in labor for twenty hours didn't take as much of a toll on Yemi as one would think. Most of the time she was just talking about her family and what cute outfits she'd put on her baby, or she was eating. It was pretty easy going, except when she had to push and she didn't want to anymore because it was painful.

But duh, Yemi was a trooper, and she thought about seeing her baby when she came out, or the look on Zayn's face when he first held her -- it was so much more beautiful and heartwarming than she imagined -- really put it into perspective.