[30]

Yemi was very much in love with Zayn.

She just realized it, because he always did some weird shit and she liked it??? He stayed getting on her nerves and she knew at that point this was going to be a long term thing. It was inevitable.

He wasn't so good at keeping his hands to himself or talking above average volume. Zayn sucked at not getting distracted over little shit and he was absolutely terrible at remembering names (and sometimes going to work.)

But he was a fantastic father, nurturing and loving and supportive. A great boyfriend and lover. An excellent guinea pig when Yemi wanted to see how new products worked without ruining her own makeup. He was a great listener -- besides being distracted -- and most of all...

He was hers.

Yemi sighed, thinking about how she came to the conclusion that she loved him. It had been roughly six months since they met, and four and a half since he'd been admitted to rehab and been completely clean of any drug, illegal or not.

She grabbed the remote, lying on her stomach on the bed with a bored look on her face. She didn't know what to watch, or what to do since Jahdai was sleeping over at Yemi's mom's house -- he missed her "so flapping much, man," -- and Zayn was still at work.

"Hhhhh," she groaned, stuffing her face in the pillow, "someone kill me."

Her two puppies -- honestly she kept forgetting about them sometimes, but they liked to stay outside a lot since bgetting bigger (why do inside dogs act like outside dogs and vice versa??) -- came in and jumped around the bed.

"Hi, guys," Yemi smiled and let one of them on the head, "mommy's sorry she forgot to feed you, but did Jah give you enough? Mhm, that's what I thought, you guys are so fat now. I love you so much!"

She got up, picking them both up and walking downstairs when she heard the door open. Zayn put his laptop case on the couch, stretching and unbuttoning his shirt.

"Hi," Yemi greeted, walking in the kitchen.

"Hey, babe," she heard his footsteps and set her dogs down, "how are ya?"

"I'm really good," he walked in with bright eyes, the smile never faltering, "why do you look so happy?"

He shrugged, mellowing some and rolling his eyes. "I just am. It's Friday so I don't have to work tomorrow."

"Ah," she leaned against the counter when he stepped closer, "lucky. I have three appointments tomorrow and a beauty panel to be apart of."

"Sucks to suck," he kissed her lips before hugging her waist, "why are you always warm? This the shit I be talking about."

"Shut up," she kissed him again, "stop, baby, get off me."

"Follow me," Zayn grabbed her hand gently and pulled her out the kitchen and upstairs, "come on."

"Where are we going?"

"To your room."

"I've been up there all day."

"Then we're going to mine," he winked, opening his door, "I need to change first."

The thing about this couple was, they didn't always have sex, but when they did, it was never planned. This was innocent, Zayn changing into new clothes -- mostly just taking them off and keeping on boxers -- while Yemi turned the TV on and did her own thing.

Tonight was different, she stared at his back and smiled softly, her insides getting all warm and fuzzy at this emotion she was feeling. He got in beside her, both of them lying on their stomachs, his arm around her shoulders.