[46]

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah," Zayn lied on the hotel couch and took a deep breath, "you?"

"Gravy," Yemi replied with a smile, "I just wanna make sure you're not overthinking again."

"No, no. I decided to show up, so," but he was nervous of course. Zayn was in England right now, Bradford to be exact, in a nice hotel and completely jet lagged from the flight. He at least wanted to talk to his girlfriend before going to sleep, though.

He finally decided to get in contact with his eldest sister, claiming he was going to England so they can meet up again. Zayn booked the flight way before he told Yemi the news, but he still wanted to be reassured he was doing the right thing. His sisters had nothing to do with why he left, but they were the reason he had hesitated at first.

"I miss you already," Yemi pouted, "so does Jah."

"I know. He cried before we went to the airport. Where is he?"

"Finishing some homework. I think he just wants to spend more time with you."

"Yeah he told me. It's been a long time since it was just us, ya know?"

"Yeah -- yes?" Yemi looked to the side, "yeah he's right here, babe. You don't mind talking to jaan for a minute, right?"

"No, it's totally fine."

"Here you go, honey," the phone was passed to Jahdai, his chubby cheeks showing up on the camera.

"Hi, baba!"

"Hey, little man. How was your day?"

Zayn whistled lowly, walking up to the townhouse his sister lived in. He had the jitters, small beads of sweat near his hairline. He was meeting one of his sisters today, Doniya, the one who had reached out to Yemi on Twitter.

He was freaking out. Why exactly did she want to meet him after all this time? Was she truly interested in being in his life now or did something wild happen that made her want to contact him?

"Fuck," he muttered, standing in front of her door and hesitantly ringing the doorbell, "Jesus Christ."

Zayn kicked around on the doorstep, looking down at his shoes and trying not to freak out. His sisters were part of the reason why he was hesitant to leave the country after their falling out with their parents, he loved them to death, but he didn't even say goodbye and left no type of contact information. Zayn got a new phone and a new life in general, so he wondered how Doniya was going to act when they were finally face to face.

Zayn heard the door unlock and a few more tinkering until it opened. He looked up, his eyes a little wide as he stared at her.

Doniya and Zayn were like two peas in a pod, they were best friends and duh, being brother and sister, they looked alike in so many ways. Now, she was twenty five years old and looked just like how he remembered, except with more makeup.

"Zayn--"

"Doniya--"

"Fuck, um," he gulped and rubbed the back of his neck, "c--"

"Come in," she spoke softly in that strong Bradford accent.

"Alright," he moved past her and walked into the living room, looking at her decor.

"You can have a seat if you'd like."

Zayn turned around. "I--"

"I missed you," he blinked and suddenly felt her arms around his waist. She was squeezing the life out of him, and he heard her little sniffles and he tried his hardest to not do the same.