[e]

-—

"Sam!"

"No!"

"Sam," Zayn took the can of peas away from his daughter, Salma, tossing it in the cart, "we don't throw stuff on the floor, okay?"

"No," she shook her head and stuck the pacifier back in her mouth.

"'No' my ass," he pushed the cart further down the aisle.

She popped the pacifier back out and grinned at him.

Zayn raised his brows. "You better not," her teeth were coming in quickly, putting slight dents on anything her mouth was on. "Don't look at me like that, don't say it. I know you understand that much."

"No."

"Yes."

She giggled, watching the world pass by as he went down another aisle. "Baba."

"Yes?"

The one and a half year old pointed to a box of ice cream cups and looked back at him.

"We already have some, babe."

"No."

"The strawberry ones?" he opened the door and got the box out, "this?"

She smiled, taking the box from him and shaking it.

"Put it in the basket, please."

She just stared at him.

"Here," he pointed to the cart and read off his list, "thank you, babe."

"Baba."

"Hm? I gotta get some fruit huice, and then we're leaving. I'm buying the whole store 'cause of you. Baba's tired."

It was true, Zayn was promoted to the editor and chief of the magazine company he worked for. His boss was terminally ill and she only trusted him now to do her job. It was really tough, because he was in charge over every single detail the company had to offer and every month the magazine had to look immaculate. He was in every team in a way, and now he had to dress up even more so everyday.

Zayn had picked little Salma up from Valentina's home and went straight to get groceries off his list like he promised Yemi yesterday. So, this slim, young, attractive man was walking around the grocery store, in dark, wrinkle-free slacks, a dark button up and a sports jacket. A full and scruffy beard. No ring on his finger -- yet -- but an adorable baby girl with him.

It caught the attention of a lot of moms or people who now wanted to be moms because of how he looked at that moment. Zayn was kind of used to it. Him he and Salma did these trips weekly.

"And done," he set the eggs in the cart and raised his hand to high five his daughter, "it's a record, babe." She just grinned and slapped his hand eagerly, then gave him a hug, "you're cute, Sam, but you got me out here looking single, so let's go."

"So, she's ringing up my stuff and was like, 'it's cute what you're doing. Taking care of a kid all alone,'" Zayn told Yemi while putting on a pair of grey joggers to lounge in.