[40]

"Jahdai," Yemi sang, entering his room and smiling when she saw him already awake, reading one of his favorite Dr. Suess books.

"Yes, mamá?" he looked up at her.

"Is your birthday, baby!" she cheered, "six years old! Are you excited?"

"Yes," he grinned from ear to ear, "what are we doing today?"

"Whatever you want, just don't break my bank, ya know?" she lied on the bed beside him, her arms behind her head.

"I wanna go to the aquarium," he suggested, closing the book and lying on her stomach, "can we go?"

"Of course, baby."

"Can you vlog, please?" he asked hopefully, "I got a whole outfit."

"Of course I'm vlogging, silly," she giggled, "lemme see the outfit."

"Okay!" Jahdai hopped down and went to the hamper, "it's from the clothes you got me yesterday."

"Ooh, you to the Batman shirt?"

"Of course," he grabbed a few articles of clothing ad put them on the bed, "maybe you can help. I wanna wear this, though."

"Aw!" she looked at the olive green overall shorts and clasped her hands together, "baby..."

"Is that okay?" he asked.

"Yes...and keep the Batman shirt, it's adorable."

"Thanks, mamá," he giggled when she kissed his cheek, "I love you."

"I love you too," she hugged him and smiled, "never grow up."

"I'll try," he shrugged while she just laughed and refrained from crying too hard.

"Baba, look."

Jahdai's nose was pressed against the glass of the aquarium. They had made it to the National Aquarium , something Yemi had been to plenty of times due to her brother loving the water and its species so much.

Anyway, Jahdai talked Zayn's head off about a lot of things, like the descriptions on the plaques about sea creatures and unique facts. He loved to read, so there was no question that Zayn could now probably write a whole ass essay on just an octopus.

And it was cute, because Zayn had never been, either, he was just as interested, maybe not as social, but he payed attention to his son and laughed with almost everything he said. Zayn often picked him up just to get a better view or he'd hold his hand as they walked through several tunnels to look at other creatures.

And what was Yemi doing? Vlogging the whole thing.

And what did she do while vlogging? Took pictures of almost everything. It all amazed her in some way, but today was about her boy, and her boy seemed very happy.

"Is that a shark?" Jahdai's asked, pointing to a hammerhead that quickly swam past.

"Yeah, there's lots of sharks in here," Zayn said, looking around, "that's a Tiger shark," he pointed to another.

"That's scary," he moved a little closer to Zayn and bit his pouty lip. Zayn just smiled and put his arm around him.

"You're okay."

"Okay," Jah read a description and frowned, "they eat fish?"

"Mhm."

"But...that's not right. That's mean. They lied."