Chapter 11

When you need us we'll be there for you. If you want to find us, make a scene and we'll come to you.

Deku crumbled the card, he was a hero. He was.

Wasn't he?

He still didn't want to hurt anyone but inside he felt empty. He didn't feel a surge of power or joy when he thought of being a hero. He still wanted to be stronger, but to what extent?

Deku held the paper ball tightly, his body trembled slightly and he felt unwanted emotions rise to the surface: fear and lonelyness. He didn't know who he was anymore and that scared him more than anything. More than when Shigaraki gripped his neck. Then it occurred to Deku. Maybe they did something to him when he passed out. They could have done... something? Right? The idea sounded silly, no one could change how someone thought. And if they could how could Deku stop it? How can anyone stop change?

Upset he threw the garbage on the ground. He stormed off to change into his gym outfit, maybe a run would do him some good.

As he was making his way outside he bumped into Ka-chan. When their shoulders collided deku glared at Kacchan, "Watch it next time."

Kacchan glared back, "What did you say nerd?"

Deku ignored him and continued to storm off. That was when kacchan first noticed a change in Deku. It was small and hardly anything to think about at first. But as time went on Deku was become more hot tempered. He started to talk back to him. He started to yell at others and even distance himself from All Might. It was as if a switch had been clicked. For the three days they were on house arrest Deku lingered on the edge of exploding.

He became a ticking time bomb that could go off at any moment. No one noticed the change, not even Deku. However kacchan did, they had been childhood friends after all. The soft, carefree, idiotic, nerd he knew was becoming... well to be frank, rude. Kacchan watched as Deku left to go to class, he wasn't overflowing with joyful stupidity. He wasn't even smiling. In fact he looked ready to fight. Kacchan knew he had one more day on house arrest, but he also knew he needed to tell someone other than Kirishima about Deku.

Last time he talk to the other students about it they just responded with.
"It's okay Deku's probably just stressed."
"Once he goes to class he'll go back to normal. "
"You are over analysing this."
And so on, this time he needed to talk to a teacher. He didn't even want to talk to the students let alone a teacher. But this could not be ignored. Tomorrow when he returned he would talk to All Might or Eraser Head. He would also let them see for themselves the change in Deku's behavior. Kacchan would not be brushed off with the excuse that it's just stress. Kacchan knew it was more then that, it was something the villains had done.

He had no proof of this though. All Kacchan had was his instincts.