Chapter 14

The same night after the fight with his friends Deku Vanished. He was not at home, the dorms or school. He was just... Gone. Three days had gone by without a trace of him. No goodbye, no alarms, no notes, just a vast, empty, nothing. Three days of worrying and searching.  Three days of trying to calm Inko Midoriya. Three days of unknown certainly.

Then they found him. He was squatting above the city, perched as a falcon waiting to swop in and consume his prey. His eyes where swollen with dark circles, and he was bitting his nails muttering unknown words. His face reflected that of a pale body, skin sticking to his bones. His valued Hero suit was riddled with holes.  At first glace it didn't look like Deku.

He refused to move from his perch, refused to speak, refused to eat. Many people approached him in attempt to get him to move. His friends,  classmates, even Kacchan and Eraser Head.

It wasn't until All Might appear that he moved,  he stopped his mysterious actions. Deku flew off his perch with more power than should be possible for his fragile looking skeletal frame. His bent back straighten into a resemblance of a human figure.

A heavy atmosphere surrounded them.  It made the gravity increase and the function of your lungs slow.  If either one spoke it would consume the world in disaster. So neither one said a word. They let the miasma grow thicker,  and choke the onlookers. A crowd began to grow and whispers started to intrude the tense silence. Deku refused to speak first, and All Might wouldn't let everything fall apart because of him. Behind Deku a large black hole bent the laws of space.

Deku refused to move, or speak. He wouldn't tell anyone the change in his mentality. He wouldn't let the world know that he had killed the good part of his soul.  But he would let All Might know.  He would speak with his actions and write with his eyes.
He would let All Might read the code only the two of them knew.  Deku would let everything be known to his once hero.

Deku gracefully swept himself into the void. No sound only movement. A single step into a black abyss. It engulfed his entire body and faded leaving an empty place where Deku had been.  All Might could feel his heart cave in on itself. His successor,  whom he thought of as his own son had fallen prey to the villains. The worst part of it all was that it was done without force.  Deku chose with his own free will to leave the life of a Hero and become a villain. How could All Might live knowing this? How could he tell Deku's mother about this?  How could Deku, who was like a son to All Might, change so much over the course of Ten days? All Might didn't want to belive it but he couldn't refuse the evidence he saw. The Hole in the air shut without All Might doing anything.

He didn't know what was worse, the fact that he let it happen, or the fact that it had happened. All Might eyes began to water. He couldn't let the tears come, not in the crowd. Not in front of everyone. The symbol of Hope could not cry and so he smiled. As hollow and broken as he felt inside, he hid it away.

He put on the show of a hero and let all the heartache of a human ferment in the back of his soul. He had once thought he had been broken before. During the fight with Sensei when his true form had been broadcasted to the world. He thought that being drained of his powers and losing the symbol of hope was the worst thing that could be done to him. He was wrong.  The worst thing that could be done was having his students, his family,  walk away from him.

All Might couldn't feel any thing any more, he couldn't feel his legs, he couldn't see or hear what was before him.  All he could see was the hole and Deku stepping inside. All he could feel was the regrets and mistakes haunting him.  Then nothing.  A dark stillness consumed his broken body, Leaving All Might as empty as he felt.