Some Public Display of Attention (Percy)

((Occurred sometime after the Second Titan War, before Hera demigod-napped Percy... Several days after Percabeth's first month-sary...))

POV: Percy

So, Annabeth and I were back in Central Park, having a walk after lunch at a nearby French restaurant - she has taken a liking to French cuisine these past week - and we were just basically passing time before we went to our planned movie date. It was weekend and that meant we have no school so I figured I'd take her out. Besides, after she had made me finish my calculus assignment two days before we were supposed to submit it - I was being closely watched and guarded by her the whole time while she preached about school was an important part of life, then went on for hours about how solving those numbers were beneficial to my future - I knew I also deserved some relaxing time.

We were just casually strolling down the park, holding hands, with Annabeth so close to me her arm was brushing against mine and I could smell the minty anti-dandruff shampoo she used. Okay, so I may have troubles focusing my attention on many things but in this matter, it seemed I didn't share the same problems. I was always aware of her presence. Especially when she's this close to me. And by the gods, all I could think of now was pulling her in my arms, and kiss her because I loved how sweet and-

"Percy? Percy!" Annabeth's voice broke my wandering thoughts as she looked at me with a quizzical look, her hand that was clasped against mine tugged me back from whatever daydream my mind had wandered of.

I stared at her for a moment confused.

"What are you thinking, Seaweed brain?" She asked teasingly, with a knowing smile on those pretty lips. "You are blushing!" She exclaimed, chuckling, making my cheeks felt hotter. Jeez,. I could never get used to the fact that she always seemed to know what I was thinking. Even the embarrassing ones, she could often guess. Trust a daughter of Athena to know all. It's just embarrassing sometimes. Mortifying!

She gave my hand another gentle tug and I obediently took the few steps to close our distance. She stood in front of me, her stormy grey eyes twinkling. Embarrassed, I lowered my eyes to her grey shirt with an "Architect No. 1" written in bold white text at the front. I moved my eyes lower to her faded jeans then to our touching shoes, not wanting to be caught staring at her chest.

"Tell me what you are thinking." She said, urging to me to meet her gaze.

I went with my go to answer whenever I feel trapped. "Uhhhhh?" I said looking dumb.

She just laughed and raised her blond eye brows at me. She knew me too well for that to work. I'm an idiot, I should have known.

"You were looking at my lips a moment ago." She said with a smirk as I flushed even redder.

Dam. Annabeth was rarely flirty but when she does, even the goddess Aphrodite would cry with pride. She leaned a bit closer and tilted her head up. Have I mention that it was one of my great achievements in life - that I am now taller than her? Anyway, she knew exactly how to make me crazy and was now using it against me!

I looked at her face that was only a few inches from mine. I stopped breathing. I have forgotten long ago that we were at the park with many other people milling about and could be watching us. I only saw her, her seriously beautiful face that I've seen with dirt, muck, and bruises but still managed to be really pretty. My eyes found her lips. I've gotten a lot of kisses in the cheeks ever since we started going out but the real kisses? The one where I'd feel my toes could curl with the strange butterflies whirling crazy allover my whole body (I can't think of other ways to describe it! If the others at camp knew I that used butterflies to describe things, they would never make me forget it) not so much. The last time was when we were at the top of the Eiffel tower at midnight. Hermes was being generous and granted my last request. It was amazing. I was not very fond of heights but I didn't mind it that time because I was with Annabeth.

I saw her lips again. And I was about to give in on the very strong impulse to kiss her when she tiptoed and her lips touched my nose. Not my lips but my nose.

She laughed, pulling back while I blinked in surprise and confusion. "You are so cute when you struggle like that." She gave me a wide grin.

I smiled back, happy seeing her this happy. "You are making fun of me again, Wise girl. I'd get you back for this." I taunted falsely. I'm willing to look silly anytime if it would make her laugh. Fortunately or not, I seemed to not have to struggle much in this area.

"I'd like to see you try. Come on, Seaweed brain. We have a movie to catch."

She started to turn back when I called her name and used her sudden stop to pull her back to me. Annabeth collided softly on my chest and I took advantage of her disorientation to plant a smack on her lips. Well, maybe something longer and firmer than a smack. It was my time to chuckle at the surprised look on her face before I pulled her along side with me again and started walking forward as if nothing toe-curling has happened. I was certain I heard a couple of distant 'ohhs' and 'ahhs' from the other park people. We ignored them.

"Smooth move, Seaweed brain." Annabeth commented with a laugh and I laughed along side her, still hand in hand.

*****

Oh I just love Percy (who doesn't?). I could think of one hundred more romantic scenes between him and Annabeth but I want to start with something simple... hayyy... I am in love with a fictional character...