Losing My Dignity (Reyna)

POV: Reyna

((...^_^... @Sea of Monsters...))

My body tingled, both from anxiety and familiarity. I tensed with both hesitation and anticipation as I looked around the line of palm trees on the beach then on the small hill in the center of the island where a very familiar building stood on top of it.

We appeared from shadow traveling at the grassy foot of the island's lone hill. Now Nico was dozing off soundly by the Athena Parthenos' foot. It must be near midnight but the full moon that appeared from the cover of clouds served to fight off the dark,

"Coach, watch Nico." I said as I readied my spear and dagger. I also adjusted my armor. With a look at Nico's vulnerable form, I took my purple praetor's cape and draped it over him.

"Where are you going?" The satyr asked as he sat by the son of Hades.

I looked back on top of the hill. "I'm going to visit my old home." Fred made a series of clattering sounds. "No, Fred. You have to stay here. The statue is more important than anything else. And Nico. If anything happens, make sure you get him safe."

Fred protested.

"There's nothing for you to worry about. I'll be fine. Besides, I'm just going to take a look. Hopefully this place is as abandoned as I thought." I said then strode up the carved stone steps to the top of the hill. Thankfully, Fred listened and didn't follow me. This was a trip I needed to do without an audience.

Nostalgia and a different senses of déjà vu filled me as I neared the top. I could imagine the other trainees roaming around the trimmed grass, some practicing magic, others just basking in the sun. I also remember those occasional guests that's received less than nice treatment from the lady of the island. I remembered the times when Hylla and I would just rest under the palm trees, taking turns in braiding each other's hair.

I entered the doors of the white alabaster building. It's former glass doors that overlooked the ocean was now shattered into millions of pieces. Terrible. It was a nice door, and even so was the view.

Cool, refreshing sea breeze caressed my face and moonlight illuminated everything around the island. This place really was a paradise in the middle of the sea.

I let my feet led the way inside. My feet that had memorized every single spot in the area. It was amazing that I still haven't forgotten. It's been years since I've been here.

I found a golden gossamer scarf on the dirty floors and picked it up. Despite the mess around, the delicate material didn't look like it was damaged or even smeared with dirt. It looked beautiful. With a spur of the moment urge, I twisted the scar around my neck. It was so smooth.

My gaze travelled around. The place was totally wrecked and ransacked. I felt a pang of sadness and anger boiling in my blood. This has once been a good home to me. How dare people destroy this beautiful place?!

I marched straight to Circe's room. My mistresses room. It was a wide pentagonal chamber with a four poster bed in the middle draped with red and gold silk. Circe. The one who accepted me and Hylla with open arms. She, who showed me my real potential as a girl. She taught me that I could be more than a demigod. That I could be powerful and eternally beautiful.

I could be a witch. Just like my mistress.

I looked at myself in the long mirror at Circe's room. I looked awful! Mistress would say that. I was covered with soot and dirt and I have bandages everywhere. Even my clothes were nothing to be happy about. I was filthy and disgusting.

At the back of the room was Circe's private bath. Ahh. It was untouched. The scent and aroma of essential oils still flittered and lingered around the air. It was intoxicating. Oh how I love to bathe in this scents.