What Does the Fox Say?! (Frank)

POV: Frank

((Games at Argo 2...))

"Of course, dare!" Percy beamed at me.

I went to Leo and asked for something that he may have. Leo didn't disappoint. "Of course, mi amigo. I have things prepared for this you know." With his cheeky grin, he called Buford the wonder table up to the deck. "Buford. The Kennedy package, please!"

"Kennedy package?" Hazel asked.

"You'll see."

The three legged table appeared at the deck and shuffled to Leo. It opened its drawers and coughed up a sack filled with what seemed like clothes.

"Thanks, Bud." Leo said then opened the sack just for me. Inside were a wide variety of costumes that went perfectly for the dare I had in mind.

I laughed. "I dare you to suck Annabeth's fingers!"

"Frank?!" She looked at me with those big grey eyes of hers. Surprise and embarrassment were both coloring her cheeks though the embarrassment quickly turned murderous.

I grinned at the two of them. The others laughed and cheered. "Don't make it easy for him Annabeth, it's a dare after all."

Percy laughed and Annabeth turned her glare at him. "Percy..."

"Sorry Annabeth. I won't back down on a dare."

"Then I'd like to see you try, Seaweed brain." Then Annabeth braced herself when Percy began to tackle her.

"Oh and Percy," I called which stopped the two momentarily from wrestling. Annabeth quickly used the distraction to kick her boyfriend from her who almost got her pinned on the deck floor. Percy scowled at me. "If you couldn't do it in five minutes, then you'll have to wear this." I rummaged from the sack and took out a long kool-aid red wig, a violet seashell bikini top and a green frilly short skirt.

"No." It was Percy's turn to look murderous.

For a moment, I thought I went too far, which made me realize that Percy was really not the guy that I wanted as an enemy but then Leo saved me from all of Percy's wrath. "No backies, Percy."

"I hate you both." He said. "I'm sorry Annabeth. I have to do this now more than ever."

Annabeth grimaced. "Gods, Percy, you are so dramatic."

Percy's signature smile returned. "Hehe, aren't you sorry for me? I'd have to wear that!" He pouted and I rolled my eyes. Hazel giggled at my side. Only Percy could pull that off without looking too silly.

"Only if you can't do the dare in five minutes." Piper chimed in looking like she too was excited to see Percy wearing something different aside from his usual orange camp shirt and jeans.

Jason grinned at me in thanks, like I did this to avenge the underpants incident. "Yes Percy. But you can just wear the little mermaid costume if you can't do it."

Percy's head snapped to Jason. "Oh lightning boy, you are so on." He faced Annabeth and held her shoulders. "Forgive me."

We watched as the couple just stared into each other's eyes for a whole minute.

Ahhh..... We all just watched their silent conversation.

Then suddenly Percy grinned and held his hand out to me. "Fine. Give me the blasted thing."

"Wait-what?!"

"I'm wearing the stupid costume."

We all frowned. "Aw, man. You aren't even gonna try?" Leo asked with a camera in hand.

"This is called choosing my battles." He started to take of his shirt while Jason tossed him the purple clam bikini top. "Besides. I'm used to wearing this. It's often the first dare for me that people could think of, you know. You guys are so predictable." He said with a grin.

"Ugh. I should have known. I got the idea from the Stolls." Leo scratched his head.

I frowned. I was dissatisfied. I didn't want Percy to wear that outfit with confidence! I want him to look embarrassed and uncomfortable for a change! Augh! I gave Annabeth a glare. Percy couldn't always be the cool guy.

All of us had a displeased face except for Percy and Annabeth who even seem to be enjoying her boyfriend in a silly little-mermaid-inspired costume. Percy didn't even ask if he could keep his jeans on. He took it off himself!

"No cool."

"Sorry Frank. I'm immune to this by now. We always played truth or dare in camp you know." Percy beamed at me in a triumphant look then started to inspect the bikini top. "Ahh, this brings memories."

"Fine." I grumbled admitting defeat. "Who's next?" I asked and turned to Hazel who spoke up. She had been pretty silent and seemed to be in deep thought. I envy the one that she would pick. My girlfriend was such a nice girl, I was sure it would not be a hard dare.

"Annabeth." She finally said which drew curious looks from everyone. "I dare you to wax Percy's legs."

"..." Piper.

"..." Jason.

"..." Me and the rest of the Argo crew.

"What?!" Then the couple exclaimed in unified horror. "Hazel?!"

"Why to go, Levesque!" Leo snickered and gave her a high five.

Hazel grinned at everyone and gave Annabeth a challenging look. Everyone knew that the daughter of Athena would not back down easily on a challenge.

"What is this? Pick on Percy day?" Percy grumbled and had started to scoot away from our circle. I held his arm to keep him in place.

We all look at Percy's considerably hairy legs then to the waxing kit that Leo had produced from his tool belt. I didn't know it could even summon those.

Annabeth sighed. "Sorry Percy, I have to do this." She then looked at me and motioned to hold Percy down. It took me and the help of Jason too to settle the squirming son of Poseidon.

"Percy, it's going to be okay." Piper started to use her charmspeak since Percy was starting to bruise Jason by struggling so hard. "Just calm down."

"Calm down? How in Hades' butt can I calm down?!"

"Wow, he's resisting Piper's charmspeak." Jason muttered in awe.

"Hazel, you are evil." Percy said before howling on top of his lungs. I was surprised that Annabeth had finally started on the waxing.

It took a dozen of times to have Percy's legs completely hairless. And for the first time ever, I saw Percy's completely dejected and embarrassed face. I couldn't help but laugh despite that my jaws hurt from the couple of upper cuts that I received from restraining him. Jason didn't escape unscathed either. Even Annabeth had a bruise on her cheek from where Percy had involuntarily kicked her. In between his screams, he apologized to his girlfriend.

We all cracked up at the sight of his misery.

"I hate you, guys!" He yelled as the last strip was pulled by Annabeth.

"Dude, your face." I said to Jason who was now sporting a black eye.

"You should see yours too, Frank." Jason cupped his jaw and looked at Hazel. "I can't believe you even know about waxing."

Hazel just gave him a wide smile. A moment later, she leaned in close to me and whispered, "it was Leo's idea." She said with a giggle. I shook my head and thought to remind myself to thank Leo.

Annabeth and Percy started to cuddle. "Geez, dudes."

"Shut up, Valdez. You guys just took a great portion of my power. I needed some consolation." Percy said who seemed to be less pissed now and leaned on Annabeth who petting him like a dog. "I felt like Simoun being betrayed by the beautiful Delilah."

"Percy, I think you mean Samson." Annabeth laughed, looking pleased at the beautiful comment.

"Yeah, that long haired guy."

"Anyway." Jason interrupted the budding sweet scene. "My turn." He looked at me with a smile. Upps. "Frank truth or dare."

"Uhhh..."

"Don't chicken out, big guy." Leo said with a wide grin. The little elf was baiting me!

"Okay, dare." I said but a bit unsure.

"Sing 'The Fox' with us but you have to transform into every animal that was mention in the song." Jason said. "I've been saving that one for you."

"Oh this is going to be fun!" Leo exclaimed and trained his camera on me.

"I knew it!" I exclaimed though I was not admitting that even I had tried practicing it in my cabin myself. I still haven't got to the fox transformation yet. This could get ugly. They all urged me to the center of the circle. I took in a deep breath and prepared myself. Jason gave me the signal and they all started to sing.

"Dog goes woof..."

I focused, thinking of myself as a golden retriever. Warm feeling enveloped my body and I continued to hold on to the tugging sensation at my stomach until the heat dissipated and barked as they said woof. Awoof!

They all cracked up then continued the song. "Cat goes meow..."

Meowww.

"Aw..." Piper and Hazel moved in to pet my while fluffy fur. Ohhh. It's not bad to be a cat. I leaned my head to Hazel's hand as she scratched my ear.

"Hey girls, no petting the entertainer!" Leo exclaimed with a grin. The two pouted at Leo but then they eventually continued.

"Bird goes tweet."

I thought of a mocking jay. Tweeet twit tweeeet. I smiled to myself when my tweets echoed the melody of the song. I received a round of applause for that.

"And mouse goes squeak."

Squeak. Sqriiiek.

"Cow goes moo... Woah. Watch it!" Leo yelped as I almost trampled him.

Moooooooooohhhh.

"Frog goes croak."

Ribbit! Whoops. I should have thought of a bull frog.

"And the elephant goes toot..."

Thooooooht! For this activity, I chose a baby elephant. I didn't want to creat an elephant sized whole in the deck of Argo 2.

"Ducks say quack and fish go blub."

Qaaaaack! Qua- splack, splack, splack (*a fish out of water.)

"And the seal goes ow! Ow! Ow!"

Orw! Ow! Orw!

"But there's one sound that no one knows..."

I focused once again, feeling for that sensation in my gut when...

"What does the fox say?!"

Orw! Ow! Orw!"

"Uhh, Frank, that's a seal, not a fox." Jason said pointing out the obvious.

I tried to concentrate again but there was no longer the hot sensation in my gut. Uh oh!

Hey, Frank? What's the matter, man? Percy said in my thoughts.

Schist! I'm stuck!

Percy guffawed which made my seal face frown. "He's stuck." He burst into another fit of laughter.

Not funny, Percy.

"Oh you should see your face, Frank." He continued to tease and the other joined with the laugh. Even Hazel giggled as she stroke my blubber.

Augh. I wanted to put my face in my palm but I don't have a palm. Dang it! I sighed then eventually joined in with the others as they pose around me for Leo's camera. I don't know how seals sound if they laugh but I was laughing at myself inside. i was doing it in a mocking tone though.

"Aw Frank. You're no longer Frankie-bear." Leo teased. That elf. Oh I would get him once I get my body back. I settled for flapping my tail at his face. "Ach!"

"Watch out, Leo. Frank's cursing you already." Percy said helpfully though I was not really cursing.

"I'm not afraid of his 'dang-it's and 'duck-you's."

Oh it's so on, Repair boy.

"Don't mind Leo, Frank. I still think you're adorable." Hazel looked at me in amusement. But then she ruined the moment by saying, "Frank the seal. I like it."

"Hehe. Frankie the seal." Piper and Jason added.

Then together, Percy and Annabeth yelped, "Frankie the Canadian seal!"

That's low you guys, what I meant to say but it came out as, Oww, Orw, Orw.

They all started laughing again. Oh well. At least I achieved one good thing. I managed to made these guys laugh. And that was good enough for me.

*****

Might do four separate related stories from now on. 1st is the events at Argo 2 and whatever shenanigans the Seven does... 2nd is ofcourse my pet project: Nico and Reyna Lovey-dovey-stories :)... 3rd and just started it : Thaluke's fancy development with Grover the forever third wheel... then 4th: Some other pairings at CHB that includes Travis and Katie, Connor and Miran, and some stories about Will, Malcolm (still haven't found their respective pairs though - oh I feel like a match maker...)