The War Council (Thalia)

POV: Thalia

((@ CHB))

I stared at an angry Phoebe now lying weapon less on the arena floor.

"You broke your vow to Artemis." She spat accusingly, not even bothered that I have a sword right at her throat.

"Yes." There was no point in denying it. It's obvious to everyone with an eye to see. "Artemis wishes me to be true to myself and that's what I did. I love him, Phoebe. I always have,"

The hunter's lips stretched into a grim line. My eyes didn't miss that the rest of the hunters that were now watching us, mirrored her response. "I know." Phoebe said as if she was spitting fire. "We've always known about that." There was a series of nodding heads in the crowd and I noticed that the hunters were no longer our only audience. Campers have gathered around us too. Both Greeks and Romans.

"Thalia!!!"

The sound of my name being called by that voice brought a smile on my face despite the situation and the person I was facing.

"You are pathetic." Phoebe said with apparent aversion as she glared at the guy in the wheel chair.

I wanted to run to Luke that instant but I needed to settle things with Phoebe first. She was, after all, still a sister. I pushed all my worries from the sight of Luke's bandaged body - just a little more and Will may have successfully turned him to a live mummy - and offered my hand  to Phoebe. But she didn't take it. Instead, she took hold of my wrist and pulled me hard so I stumbled on the ground right beside her.

"Hey!" I complained as I brushed off some dirt that managed to get too close to my mouth.

Phoebe turned to me seriously. "He's a boy, Thalia. He has hurt you before. Our friends died because of him. He'll hurt you again." She said loud enough for everyone in the arena to hear. I frowned, for I knew that at that moment, Luke was wincing from the pointed words.

I turned to Luke who was looking really guilty. His scar twisting with remorse on his still handsome face. "Yes he is a boy and a fine one a that." I said, my words not only for my friends and sisters but also to Luke. "I know and I haven't forgotten that. I will never forget about the fallen hunters. Especially Bianca... And Zoe." At the mention of Zoe's name, many hunters looked pained. It felt like my heart was being squished painfully too. But I continued, pushing the grief aside. "And yes, he might hurt me, unintentionally, but I still want to be with him." I gave Luke a little smile which I expected him to return but he only scowled even further as if he was in agony.

I have to fix that. If Luke was going to be my boyfriend, I can't have him always looking guilty for being with me. We made a little progress with the campers. Clarisse and Reyna have calmed down and so far, no one was openly wanting to kill him again. That's progress.

"I would kill that boy." Phoebe muttered at my side, baring her teeth. Okay, maybe I spoke too soon.

"You won't kill him." I said as I pulled myself up once again.

Phoebe looked even more pissed. "Whatever." She knew that by hurting Luke, she's also deliberately hurting me. Phoebe may be many things but she was a true sister. That at least between us haven't changed and I sincerely thanked the gods for it. "I still want to. Too bad he bear the protection of Lady Artemis."

My head turned to the hunter. "You could feel that?" I said then paused. Of course, I'm no longer a hunter. There were changes that I have to adjust once again. I needed to stop acting and thinking like one. Not rely on the senses that only hunters have. That realization left a bitter taste on my mouth.

"We will miss you." Phoebe said softly as we stood right in the middle of the arena.

I hugged her. Phoebe wasn't a hugger but she returned the gesture. "Don't worry. I'm not going any where. Just because I'm no longer a hunter doesn't mean we couldn't play predator and prey in the forests together." I patted her back, noting how the other hunters were listening to us intently. "Besides, I still want to serve Lady Artemis in any way I can. I owe her my life."

"Whatever." Phoebe pushed me away with a grumpy expression but I knew then that I've been forgiven. "Hunters!" She called and picked up her bow. She was about to led the hunters out of the arena when Chiron cantered inside with a pleased smile.

"Now that you have settled your differences, I'll require everyone to be present in the war council in the amphitheater. I shall see everyone there in ten minutes." He said with a final tone that dismissed everyone from the arena.

Chiron walked with me as I raced towards Luke who was still being guarded by Will. I was a bit worried when Will Solace volunteered to tend to Luke but seeing them now, I was glad that he was the one who took care of him.

"I shall see you two in the amphitheater. I gather that you have many news for us." Chiron said gently and he herded Will with him to give me and Luke a little moment to be alone.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, running a hand down a black and blue jaw. Last time I saw it moments ago, it was dislocated and swelling badly. Now, it was just bruised.

Luke smiled tentatively. "Aside from smelling like an old woman from the stinky salve, I feel fine."

"Hurt anywhere?"

He shrugged his bandaged shoulders. "Nothing I couldn't handle." Then Luke took my hand. "Will told me what happened. What you did. Thank you for saving me again."

I punched his shoulder as lightly as I could. He still winced. Okay, I may need to think of another way to show him my tough love. "You are crazy! You knew better than to give Clarisse a full access to beat you up."

The shoulders that I still held tensed under my palm like the memory was physically hurting him. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. Clarisse didn't really held back her anger. "Sorry, I just don't know what else to do."

I sighed. "Oh well, atleast it seemed to calm Clarisse down." I started to move behind Luke with the intention to push his chair when he pulled me in front of him again.

"Thalia, I would never hurt you." He murmured, worry lined his face.

I smiled and patted his scar. "I know. That's why I said unintentionally." Luke frowned as if not pleased. I sighed again. "Watching you get hurt like that hurts me too, Luke. Don't ever do it again."

He blinked. "Oh... That, I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking."

"Yeah, yeah, you are not."

Now he looked even more guilty. I gritted my teeth. I really have to work on this. "Kiss me so I can stop worrying."

"Wait-what?!"

I glared at him, as if the suggestion was really that surprising. Dam this man. He has stolen kisses from me since we met again and now that I personally requested one, he had the gall to look shocked. "I said kiss me, stupid. Don't make me repeat myself again."

Immediately, the worry in his face dissolved and his crooked grin that I love, returned. "Oh, will I be forgiven if I do so?"

"You talk to much and I'm still waiting." I leaned down to him and puckered my lips, expecting him to give me just a little smack.

Luke laughed. A bit labored but he still laughed. "What are you doing?" My pursed lips turned into a full on pout as I glared at him. "Okay, okay. Jeez. You asked for this!" Suddenly, he hooked his right hand on my neck and the other arm looped around my waist. With one pull, I plopped down on his lap with a yelp of surprise. But he cut that too when his lips clamped down heatedly on mine. The peck that I was expecting turned into a kiss that had me melting helpless and not-really-unwilling into his embrace.

"Your lips look cute when you pout like that. Don't do that in front of other guys." He breathed a whisper when him lips traveled from my mouth up to my left ear. "That's mine." He punctuated his claim with a sudden nip at my earlobe.

"Ahhh!" The unexpected sting from the bite sent a potent shiver from my ear down to my spine. "L-Luke!" I yelped and jumped from his lap when he took the sting away with a light sucking of my now sensitized skin.

Disoriented from the goosebumps than now dominated my body, I landed butt first on the ground. Luke, the sneaky mischievous son of Hermes just laughed out loud at my reaction. This guy!!! My face heated up even more as I remembered what he just did and as I watched him slowly licking his lips.

"Luke!" I protested again as I shakily got up on my feet. "What in Olympus was that?!"

"Sorry. I can't help myself. I've been dying to do that since I saw you sweaty and breathing hard after your fight with Phoebe. Do you know you look beautiful when you skin flush with physical exertion-"

"Ahhh! Shut up! You are teasing me! Stop it!" I glared and swatted his hands when he made a move of reaching for me again. He grinned and sent a me knowing smile.